Battery HW Developer-Mechtronic
It's not about technology. It's about life.At Volvo Cars, we’re on a mission to make people’s lives less complicated. We never start with technology and try to squeeze people in around it – we always design our cars around people, and we innovate to provide safe, sustainable and convenient mobility. Want to join us?
We are driving change in automotiveBe part of the change!
Nothing beats being part of positive change. We’re on a truly exciting journey, working together in a fast-paced global environment to break new ground in almost every aspect of our operations. Right now, we have an exciting job opening for you in Traction battery Hardware team in China, located in Shanghai.
What´s in it for you?If you are passionate about future vehicles, powered by electricity this might be a great opportunity for you! The battery and the components inside are essential to Battery Electric and Hybrid vehicles (“NEV Vehicles”).
The battery hardware team is responsible for battery pack as well as mechanical and electrical components inside such as BDU, busbar, and belonging software. Volvo Cars has a strong commitment to development of pure electric as well as electric hybrid vehicles and the China design team is responsibilities for several of the applications.
We work in close collaboration with our suppliers, support them with quality requirements and lead them in the direction of our expectations. It is important for us to have a transparent communication with external and internal stakeholders, to work together as a one team and deliver in perform according to Volvo Cars values and principles of our culture and goals. We are also transforming internally and changing into agile way of working using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), which gives our employees additional opportunities to grow and develop within the company and have a broader scope of work, deeper collaboration and taking the ownership of their work.
What you will do?Your scope of work involves engineering design work for battery development in cooperation with selected supplier.
You will be responsible for design and development of high voltage battery E/E subassemblies, covering the complete design & development process from requirements specification to feasibility studies, analysis, product data creation and maintenance, procurement of prototype parts, prototype testing, system integration, and industrialization for mass production.
Performing FMEA and ensuring that quality assurance tools are used for the assignment is also one of the important tasks you will have to take on, and do Failure analysis on system and component level, documentation / creation of tickets for all identified deviations and problems.
You will manage and perform Design Reviews for the assignment, handle Change management and support purchasing in supplier evaluation and selection for included parts, Ensure the E/E part planning through continuous updating and tracking of part status for integration in the whole life cycle.
You will work with Agile team members in the Agile way with cross-functional synergy.
Do you fit the profile?Basic technical qualifications in detail
- Over 3 years Hybrid- and/or electric propulsion design and development experiences with Automotive industry tools and methodology
- Preferred Master of Science (M. Sc.) in E/E, electrical engineering, mechatronics or comparable degree
- E/E hardware knowledge is required, be familiar with general electrical/ electronic parts principles, performance, design constrains.
- CAN communication knowledge is required.
- Electronics schematic and drawings knowledge is required
- Basic electronic safety / functional safety experience (spacing rules, DFMEA experience)
- Familiarity with EMC phenomena
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Solid CAD, preferably CATIA V5 and team center.
- Ensure that an FMEA and Quality tools is carried out for the assignment.
- Ensure together with team members that Design Reviews are carried out.
- Support purchasing in supplier evaluation and selection for included parts.
- Ensure technical solution is successfully implemented by selected supplier by continuous dialogue with the supplier regarding technical solution and timing.
Personal skills qualifications in detail
- Good English skills read/write and oral and preferably also in Swedish
- Good communication and coordination skills
- General IT knowledge, including MS office, MS Project, AutoCAD.
- Has “can-do” spirit, strong sense of responsibility and ownership.
- Self-driven and team player
- Flexibility for traveling and stress
- Self-motivated and strong driving force
- Curiously investigate everything, learn by doing – an open mindset that’s driven by hands-on experimentation
- Agile and Dynamic personalities
If you find yourself in the description above, do not hesitate to apply and grab this opportunity. Volvo cars will offer you simulative environment and opportunity to grow and develop your knowledge and international experience.
How to learn more and applyIf you have any further questions about the position please contact: Lilian Li (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Who are we?Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow. VCCN-Shanghai Jiading (APHQ), CN