The Hilton portfolio of hotels is comprised of 18 industry leading and world-class brands, spanning more than 100 countries. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Signia, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Tapestry Collection, Embassy Suites, Tempo, Motto, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, Tru, Homewood Suites, Home2 Suites and Hilton Grand Vacations. In Asia Pacific, the company has over 300 trading hotels and nearly 500 under development.
A Cluster Revenue Manager, Revenue Management Consolidated Center – Asia Pacific will maximize revenue, market share and profits for multiple hotels through the strategic coordination of revenue management processes and procedures. This role will drive the continued development and growth of customer service standards, revenue and profits from multiple hotels to deliver Hilton’s mission relating to profit, people, customer and quality.
What will I be doing?
As the Cluster Revenue Manager, Revenue Management Consolidated Center – Asia Pacific, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensure that sales and pricing strategies are based on sound commercial judgement through effective analysis and reporting.
- Ensure professional and efficient utilization of all systems, in line with company best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure effective information gathering and analysis is conducted in order to identify and maximize all possible opportunities and minimize any risks.
- Ensure that relevant hotel and above-hotel commercial team members are actively engaged in all revenue decisions by maintaining regular communication to effectively implement, drive and review optimal strategies and controls.
- Integrate with other functions to ensure we exceed customers’, owners’ and shareholders’ expectations.
Key areas of Accountability
- Ensure all best practices and standard operating procedures are followed to capitalize and maximize revenue potential and market share.
- Utilize systems, tools and reports in the prescribed way to ensure all revenue management decisions are supported with relevant data analysis.
- Follow best practice and standard operating procedures for the RMCC to ensure all commercial decisions are supported by appropriate data analysis.
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to strive for constant improvement of operating procedures and new opportunities.
- Build an effective working relationship with hotel commercial teams and operations to maintain their trust and confidence in the Revenue Management’s decisions and actions pertaining inventory and rate control, pricing and overbooking.
- Work with the RMCC Assistant Director, Senior Cluster Revenue Managers and Training Managers as required to ensure all team members are provided with excellent training for revenue analysis and revenue management duties.
- Manage and maintain group and transient inventory controls.
- Proactively review and implement room accommodation and rate inventory controls via IDeaS V5i and R&I daily.
- Ensure group inventory cut-off dates are managed in line with contracts and according to demand.
- Implement all blackout dates and review frequently to determine if adjustments are needed.
- Work with Front Office to ensure agreed sell-out strategies are in place.
- Maintain rate parity with third party sites through extranet sites.
- Proactively review key demand periods to maximize RevPAR and profit through effective consideration of costs and sales.
Sales and Pricing Strategy:
- Develop, monitor and adjust sales and pricing strategies.
- Conduct weekly business focus and group review meetings where the appropriate booking period is evaluated for proper rate and availability control. The Revenue Manager will provide a synopsis of results vs. direction from the previous week and lead discussions on future issues such as booking pace, pricing strategies, marketing opportunities and the competitive environment.
- Weekly review GEM / Delphi / database reports if available to address concerns and action plans relating to groups and events.
- Develop and review annual transient, group pricing and demand calendars on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure pricing is consistent in all distribution channels such as QnQ R&I, GDS, Internet and the Extranet.
- Identify opportunities through channels and recommend channel marketing.
- Liaise with market managers for key 3rd party operators and HRCC to monitor conversions.
- Review corporate account’s quarterly production with sales to identify patterns and volume of production to take appropriate actions.
- Conduct daily detail meeting / calls with hotel teams to highlight results, trends and changes to pricing and selling strategy for the next 3 months.
Information Analysis and Monitoring:
- Provide critical analysis of strategies, room statistics and demand factors.
- Perform relevant daily, weekly, monthly checklist tasks for the maintenance of the IDeaS V5i yield management system.
- Ensure the integrity of data flowing into IDeaS V5i by regularly cross-referencing other sources such as OnQ R&I and OnQ Insider reports.
- Review end of month room statistics reports and provide critical analysis on performance vs. forecasts and results of implemented strategies.
- Conduct displacement analysis of group business as needed to determine the impact potential businesses will have on RevPAR.
- Review all tentative and definite group bookings to ensure they support the implemented strategies, IDeaS V5i group status is updated and group evaluator is used effectively.
- Complete weekly booking pace reports and analysis on pace, recommending strategy changes when needed.
- Analyze past and present trends and make recommendations for future strategies.
- Ensure all ONQ R&I / SRP maintenance is configured according to the current standards, room rates, yieldable flag and commissionable status.
- Ensure accuracy of all information being produced or reported.
- Prepare all weekly, monthly, quarterly forecasts and budgets using appropriate systems and tools.
- Use specialist knowledge of the hotels and markets to produce and maintain hotel forecasts using prescribed tools.
- Prepare plan revenue proposals.
- Perform IDeaS V5i forecast validation process on a regular basis to identify changes in trends and opportunities to enhance IDeaS forecasts.
Competitive and Demand Analysis:
- Ensure rate shopping data is consistent, appropriate and effectively analyzed.
- Review all competitive shops daily and identify selling strategies, opportunities and market trends.
- Review demand calendars, convention calendars and city event calendars to keep abreast of all demand generators on a weekly basis.
- Maintain historical data on events and performance on any promotion during these demand generating events.
- Maintain IDeaS V5i interface where automated rate shopping is configured to ensure the yield system is configured for BAR adjustments appropriately.
- Proactively identify peak nights and peak periods to set KPI targets and action plans.
- Identify demand troughs and lead an action plan.
Driving Commercial Performance:
- Drive incremental EBITDA, RevPar and Fair Market Share performance.
- Work effectively with RMCC Team members, Hotels (GMs, DBDs, C&E and on property revenue coordinator), Sales, RDRs, Marketing, e-commerce to ensure incremental financial performance (RevPar, EBITDA).
- Ensure growth in performance of KPIs such as room type supplements, peak nights, house overbooking and forecast accuracy.
- Drive hotels’ Fair Market Share performance, moving hotels into the “gaining” quadrants.
- Ensure any holiday cover commitments are managed as per standards.
What are we looking for?
A Cluster Revenue Manager serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Bachelor’s Degree or above
- Practical work experience within hotel revenue management
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- Strong analytical skills and management skills such as leadership, organization, communication, planning and control
- Sound functional knowledge of the day to day management and operation of a revenue management department
- Commercial attitude and proactive sales approach
- Able to set and maintain minimum standards
- Able to analyze data and identify significant trends
- Self-motivated and competitive
- Able to work accurately and effectively under pressure
- Good personal presentation
- Warm personality and possess team spirit
- Clear voice and well spoken, proficient in spoken and written English
- Committed and career oriented
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members.