Data Intelligence Manager
We are people who want to make a difference.Everything we do starts with people. It’s what makes us different from all other car companies. If you share our belief in the power of people and our passion for human-centric innovation, you will thrive together with brilliant, like-minded colleagues who are committed to making a true difference?
Propose for the PositionWe are looking for a Data Intelligence manager who will collaborate with key business stakeholders to dig the real data value in Volvo Cars China and utilize data to help business in the area of data driven development, innovation, predictive analysis, perspective analysis, data monetarization, etc.
This is the perfect opportunity for the successful candidate to become a part of an innovative & energetic team and contribute to Volvo Car digital transforming.
What you will do?
- Work with data platform team to establish standard & integrated data analytics tool chain & methodology for Volvo Cars China to enable the data analytics culture and citizen data science for business in a managed way.
- Communicate with internal and external clients to understand and define business needs and appropriate data modelling techniques to provide analytical solutions.
- Intricately involved in running analytical experiments in a methodical manner, and regularly evaluate alternate models via theoretical approaches.
- Implement and validate predictive and prescriptive models, create and maintain statistical models with a focus on big data. And evaluate modelling results and communicate the results to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Take Cars data governance initiative to optimize data governance process from both data & business perspective. Always angle for greater efficiency across all our company data systems.
- Collaborates with key department leaders (R&D, Security, Platform, etc) and 3rd party alliance to fulfill the strategic direction of maximum data value for our business and enable our company to be a more and more data driven organization.
Do you fit the profile?
- Mature knowledge / experience about data structures (e.g. SQL / NoSQL) and popular tools (e.g. Object Box)
- Understanding of or experience with Agile Development Methodologies
- Rich experience in statistical modeling, machine learning or data mining practice.
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks and libraries (like Keras, Tensor Flow, PyTorch, Pandas, etc) and data analytical tools or programming languages like Python, R or SAS
- Experience with analytic business intelligence tools such as Crystal, Business Objects, Power BI, and Tableau.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing and cloud-based data analysis solutions (AWS Sage Maker, Azure Data Studio, etc.)
- Strong technical background with major in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field. Ph.D. or MS degree is a plus
- Competence Required
- Be able to sell the data insights initiatives with solid business cases to senior management for sponsorship, and to product teams so that they are willing to prioritize and adopt to their backlogs to further develop and scale to production
- Be able to rally extended support from the local and global cross-functional teams and external partner teams
- Auto industry know-how of data driven insights (Manufacturing, Logistic , R&D, Marketing)
- Knowledge of cyber security law and GDPR compliance guideline
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication, relationship skills and a strong team player
- Enthusiastic about Data & Analytics and have an Interest to promote and advance this culture and practices in the company, proactive initiate and lead such collaboration and culture activities, eg: establish and lead a Data & Analytics CoP, establish a knowledge sharing platform and communities for Data and Analytics etc.
- Strong business sense to turn big data to big value and practical experience of company level data analysis activities for successful go-lives.
Who are we?Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow. CN