Buyer - Direct Material
You want to make a difference. So do we.Volvo Cars is on an exciting journey, redefining the automotive experience by innovating to make people’s lives less complicated. We offer you a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be part of making an impact in a company with unique opportunities to grow and make a true difference.
Buyer - Direct MaterialJob Summary
- The Buyer for Direct Material is responsible for the purchase of material for advanced projects, new projects and running production for VCC’s factory in Charleston, SC. This position will have the responsibility to buy all localized parts as well as to challenge existing part/tooling setup for imported material.
- Key deliverables include driving the right supplier quality, cost and timing for new vehicle programs, cost efficiency, managing supply base, risk management and commodity strategies etc. We work closely with Europe and China Purchasing, R&D, manufacturing, quality and other stakeholders. The purchasing department work is conducted in one global process and governance.
- Map, evaluate and establish US supply base regarding relevant commodities in wave 1, 2 & 3 for localization in close cooperation with Europe and China organizations through Global councils.
- Setup agreements and source for local content.
- Drive localization business case investigations and execution.
- Lead negotiations at an optimal cost level.
- Serve as the main contact for all commercial issues towards the suppliers.
- Issue RFQ, Purchase Order and running changes.
- Act on design changes within the projects.
- Participate in the global commodity council, discussing strategy and projects to align with the Global Purchasing Team.
- Establish understanding of the VCC sourcing process and IT systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field or equivalent experience.
- Computer skills (MS Office and especially Excel)
- Knowledge of the automotive industry and related systems and processes.
- Strong negotiation skills and continuously looking for commercial opportunities.
- Understand the purchasing elements and optimize the business in the best interest of the company.
- Strong cooperation and communication skills to create challenge with respect both, internally and externally
- Structured way of thinking with an ability to handle many issues/projects in parallel.
- Positive mindset.
- Ability to independently drive and complete tasks
- Strategic understanding and thinking
- Analytical skills, Results-oriented.
- Honest person with integrity
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Volvo Car is an equal opportunity employer. The successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
Who are we?Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with over 40,000 employees across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow. Charleston, SC, US