Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Staff Manufacturing Engineer to be located in Jacksonville, Florida.
At Johnson & Johnson Vision, we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health. That’s why, through our operating companies, we’ve developed solutions for every stage of life—to help people see better, connect better and live better. We partner with eye care professionals to provide some of the world’s leading products and technologies to address refractive error, cataracts, dry eye, and beyond. We are committed to using our reach and size for good, and strive to put quality eye care within reach of everyone, everywhere. Visit us at www.jjvision.com. Follow @JNJVision on Twitter and Johnson & Johnson Vision on LinkedIn.
- Plans, conducts and directs research, development or engineering assignments in water management systems, and flow dynamics. Manages multiple projects across various disciplines. (30%)
- Qualifies new equipment and performs vendor and site acceptance testing to meet government standards. (5%)
- Performs concept analysis and justification of capital projects for future project development of a medium complexity. (10%)
- Prepares equipment, process, safety and materials specifications and conducts technical analysis of vendor proposals. (5%)
- Leads teams of highly skilled JNJ Engineering team members, outside designers, consultants and contractors. (15%)
- Develops and implements equipment and/or process enhancements that will improve efficiency, product yield and safety. (15%)
- Provides training to Operations engineers and technicians to operate, troubleshoot and maintain new equipment. (5%)
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management. (15%)
- Provide support to manufacturing operations as required during off-shift hours.
- Responsible for work flow production, training of new employees on covered jobs, answering job-related questions in one or more areas, assist in reporting on performance, recommending advancements, implementing new or changed procedures. Generally recognized as Group Leader or Assistant Supervisor. Under general or minimum supervision, performs duties in terms of stated objectives. Generally, works out details within broad guidelines and exercises considerable initiative and judgment.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience working with water management, industrial controls experience, and flow dynamics in a highly automated & regulated manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Water Management Systems operations.
- Experience in diagnosing, analyzing and implementing water management and water treatment process improvements.
- Solid understanding of hydraulic modeling, flow dynamics of water management and storage systems.
- Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude with commercial/industrial experience
- Solid understanding of instrumentation and controls
- Ability to work in a cross functional/matrix team environment
- Change management and project management experience in an FDA regulated environment is required, including installation and qualifications lifecycles
- This position requires a highly motivated self-starter with solid organizational and prioritization skills
This position will be located Jacksonville, FL. This position could have up to 10% travel both domestic and/or international.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)