Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of lifeWe have an excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Design & Packaging Engineer to work in with our teams to develop the next generation of power delivery and connected products. The role will be based in our Basildon site.
What you will be doing?
- Optimisation of product and component performance/cost by analytical and experimental methods,
- CAD design of plastic and metal components, electronic packaging into space constrained products
- Specification of product packaging
- Develop and specify bespoke “Design Service” solutions, such as unique finishes and product adaptations to deliver a customised (non-catalogue) solution to customers.
- Use of Advanced Product Quality planning tools such as DFMEA, Value analysis, FMEA, design of experiments, key parameter identification and optimisation
- Participate and conduct design-reviews involving cross functional teams across Global locations
- To work with Suppliers and Manufacturing sites to deliver high value design solutions that are feasible to manufacture, launch on time and achieve required cost and quality targets.
- Develop Value Engineering proposals to achieve cost saving targets and mature into production ready solutions
We’re looking for:
- Bachelors level degree in engineering (Mechanical, Electro Mechanical, Electrical)
- Experience of working in a product development/system environment with a structured product development process.
- Experience in product design and development, using modern modelling and design optimization tools.
- Design development & product delivery experience within – Electrical products, Automotive, Aeronautics or Consumer electronics industries.
- Knowledge & experience of Product packaging and specification.
What’s in it for you?
- Work for a well-known brand with a continued focus on innovation and growth.
- Join a dynamic team where most leaders are promoted from within!
- Competitive salary and generous benefits!
About HoneywellHoneywell Home and Building Technologies helps homeowners and in control of home comfort, security, fire systems, and air and water purification. We help building owners and occupants ensure their facilities are safe, comfortable, and sustainable. Our products and technologies are installed in more than 150 million homes and 10 million buildings worldwide.
- JOB ID: HRD103583
- Category: Engineering
- Location: The Arnold Centre Paycocke Road,Basildon,ESSEX,SS14 3EA,United Kingdom