The Electronics & Imaging business of DuPont has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Quality System Engineer role for the Semiconductor Technologies business located in Cheonan, Korea.
This engineer role within the E&I Integrated Operation – Korea CMP (Chemical Mechanical Polishing) Pad Backend Plant organization is being opened up to address business growth and customer satisfaction opportunities and will report to the Production Leader. In this fast paced role, you will mainly interface with Cheonan Integrated Operation team and global quality engineering teams who are leading the manufacturing technologies in CMP material industry and collaborate with the domestic/global teams including Data Engineering, Engineering Science, Customer Quality, Supply Chain and Sales.
Primary responsibilities of this role are listed as below.
- Quality Objective & Targets: Coordinate Quality Goal per previous year performance and continuous improvement projects with leader’ committee and approval.
- Work Process Management: Review Manage Product Quality key KPIs per daily, weekly and monthly. Select the monitoring items and areas for improvement. Conduct Operation SOP observation audit monthly.
- Manage the measurement systems: maintain the consistency of measuring equipment through semi-annual Round Robin with overseas plants and ensure all the quality critical metrologies are calibrated at the pre-defined frequencies.
- Manage the incoming & outgoing material quality: ensure the incoming/outgoing materials conform to the required quality criteria through the COA validation and internal QC tests.
- Control of Production and Service Provision: Spot check for operation discipline including operation certificate, first article check for machine, Compliance for operation procedure, Material usage traceability and First In First Out processing and QC test by sampling plan. Clean Room particle monitoring weekly. Check Certificate for shipment and troubleshooting CoA issues. Retain Sampling management. Sampling visual inspection for Final Inspection.
- Ensure the resources trained/qualified: Organize the trainings of new or existing operators/engineers and make sure all the resources maintain the qualification for their roles. Keep the training/qualification records up to date.
- Maintain the quality system documents: ensure all the quality system documents are prepared and executed to meet the requirements of ISO or other authorities. Drive all the process changes are documented and kept updated.
- Plan/execute/follow up the internal/external audits: Check the facility/resource availability on the proposed date of audits, respond to the pre-audit questionnaires, host the internal preparation meetings and facilitate the audit. List the findings and report the progress of corrective actions to account team and customers until the completion. Customer survey including ISO requirements, Responsibility Business Alliance, RBA, Business Contiguous Plan, BCP, and Product ROHS test
This role is also supposed to proactively respond to the external/internal customer needs related with quality system development and improvements.
Minimum education and experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science
- Minimum 4 years of combined experiences in QC/QA, Measurement/Analysis and/or Manufacturing
Required Skills (must have):
- High level of understandings and experiences in statistical data analysis, SPC & SQC
- Proficient use of software such as JMP, Minitab and Excel
- Good communication toward internal teams and external vendors/customers
- Good communication in English
Preferred Skills (nice to have):
- Understandings/experiences in manufacturing and/or customer facing
- Black Belt / Green Belt Project Leader experience and certification
- Understandings of SAP basic concepts – PP-POM, QM, WM, SD
- Good understandings/skills of utilizing information technologies at daily works
For additional information on our unbridled commitment to deliver essential innovations that enrich people's lives, enable sustainable development and foster human potential for generations to come.
Please access the following link to better understand & appreciate DuPont's Journey. Coupled with core values and excellent compensation & benefits... Together, we're turning possibilities into real world answers that help humanity prosper!
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here.