The Electronics & Imaging business of DuPont has an exciting and challenging opportunity for Run Plant Engineer roles for Semiconductor Technologies business located in Cheonan, Korea.
This engineer role within the E&I Integrated Operation – Korea CMP (Chemical Mechanical Polishing) Pad Backend Plant organization is being opened up to address business growth and customer satisfaction opportunities and will report to the Production Leader. In this highlighted role, you will mainly interface with Cheonan Integrated Operation team and the network of global manufacturing teams who are leading the manufacturing technologies in CMP material industry and collaborate with the domestic/global teams including Supply Chain, Quality, Logistics, Engineering Science and Sales.
Primary responsibilities of this role are listed as below.
- Owns the responsibility of continual safety, quality, cost, and productivity improvement in responsible area.
- Understands all applicable process technology, equipment and control technology. Works with plant personnel to optimize operations, meet business and plant goals.
- Participates in advanced trouble shooting and coaches others to learn these skills.
- Implements best practices in operations in order to optimize operations. Ensures Most Effective Technology (MET), and specific Operating Discipline requirements are in place.
- Performs appropriate Manage Production roles as determined by Plant / Business.
Example: Operate Plant, Operating Discipline, Produce to Plan / Record Production, etc.
- Understands and applies skills and knowledge in Lean Six Sigma (LSS) and Statistical Process Control (SPC) technology, to maximize plant asset utilization and produce low cost, quality products.
- Initiates and manages changes to Plant Operating standards and procedures to ensure they are valid and up to date. Works with Production Technicians in this respect.
- Networks with other engineers on site / cross sites and within the global business to leverage knowledge on plant operations.
Example: Production, Quality, Improvement, etc.
- As required communicate technical information and issues to plant personnel, Technology or Expertise centers.
- As required participates on and leads teams in his/her area of accountability.
- Owns all SOPs of the responsible area.
- Ensures the processes are running consistently with Process Control System in responsible area.
- Responsible for monitoring and improving process yield.
- Implements new manufacturing technology (for products and processes) for HVM.
- Audits and maintains BOMs, recipes, and routings and takes continual, necessary variance improvement.
- Monitors product cost variance performance in each area.
This role is also supposed to proactively respond to the external/internal customer needs related with manufacturing system development and improvements.
Minimum education and experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science
- Minimum 2 years of combined experiences in Manufacturing and/or Engineering
Required Skills (must have):
- Minimum 2 years of experiences in running/programming lathe, milling machine, routers and/or other machining tools of numerical control
- Good understandings/experiences of safety management at manufacturing environmen
- Good understandings/experiences in manufacturing films, polymers, chemicals and/or mechanical parts for display/semiconductor/pharmaceutical/automotive industry
- Operation/maintenance skills of mechanical process equipment such as machining centers, laminator, coater, press, sealer, packaging equipment
- Good communication toward internal teams and external vendors/customers
- Good communication in English
Preferred Skills (nice to have):
- Familiar with Lean Six Sigma and SPC methodologies. Six Sigma Black Belt / Green Belt certification is preferred.
- Highly accountable and positive personality
- Understandings of SAP basic concepts – PP-POM, QM, WM, SD
- Good understandings/skills of utilizing information technologies at daily works
For additional information on our unbridled commitment to deliver essential innovations that enrich people's lives, enable sustainable development and foster human potential for generations to come.
Please access the following link to better understand & appreciate DuPont's Journey. Coupled with core values and excellent compensation & benefits... Together, we're turning possibilities into real world answers that help humanity prosper!
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.
For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here.