Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Energy is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. Siemens Energy comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Energy has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
We make real what matters. This is your role
- Responsible for component design for Electrical systems, Battery Charger systems, Generator CTs and Protection system, Low Voltage (LV) Switch gear, LV transformer, Electrical actuation systems, Power Control Centres (PCCs) from concept to Detail Design.
- You would ensure that the specifications of this engineering function is in accordance to the applicable rules, regulations codes and standards and according to good engineering practice especially with regard to Environmental aspects and Health & Safety of Site Personal, Operators, Maintenance personnel and third parties.
- Responsible for Detail Design of Electrical system and panel design using databases and tools, Wiring instructions, BOMS, Cable routing & planning.
- Responsible for electrical interconnections and SLD preparation in Comos.
- Involved in most of the Fault reports in the technical area assigned. Decide and take an active part in creating and sustaining the road map for the component.
- Be active in benchmarking knowledge internal / external Siemens. Shall aim to be the one with best knowledge for the electrical systems and detailed design.
- Giving & Working on Cost savings ideas.
- Document and drive implementation in PLM2020, SAP. Release and maintain reference documentation in COMOS, PLM2020, Team Centre or related databases
- You would participate in engineering interface reviews & meetings
- You would provide technical assistance to Customer / Strategic Procurement Management / Erection & Commissioning teams.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Bachelor/Master’s in Electrical Engineering or other comparable degree
- Minimum 3 years of relevant engineering work experience
- Total Experience of 3 to 12 years
- Ability to travel globally
- Excellent team player to support and serve the global team
- High flexibility in taking new tasks/responsibilities
- Proactive and Solution Oriented. Ability to Pull inputs and interact with interface partners.
- Excellent communication skills, Excellent English language skills
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at:
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time