About Prysmian GroupPrysmian Group is the world leader in the energy and telecom cable systems industry. Each year, the Group manufacturers thousands of miles of underground and submarine cables and systems for power transmission and distribution, as well as medium low voltage cables for the construction and infrastructure sectors. We also produce a comprehensive range of optical fibers, copper cables and connectivity for voice, video and data transmission for the telecommunication sector.
We are almost 29.000 employees, across 52 countries. Everyone at Prysmian Group has the potential to make their mark; because whatever you do, wherever you are based, you will be part of a company that is helping transform the world around us.Make Your Mark Video
Team Overview and Job responsibilitiesWe are looking for a Technical Service Engineer for Submarine and Land Cable systems. The position is based in the Milan HQ of Prysmian Group and will be part of the Business Unit Projects.
The Technical Service engineer reports to the Installation Manager and the Technical Service Manager and will be responsible for a series of technical tasks. The candidate will be responsible to:
- design the Electrical and Optical Tests;
- design and execute on site fault location on Fibre Optic and Power cables;
- design of cable installation on offshore platform and offshore wind turbine;
- support during the execution phase of the Offshore Platforms and wind towers works;
- give inputs during tender phase to the proposal engineers and to the other functions of the BU Powerlink for the tasks under her/his responsibility
Who are we looking for? We are looking for a Technical Service Engineer for Submarine and Land Cable Systems with the following key requirements:
- A master’s degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or related Engineering degrees
- At least 2 years of previous professional experience will be considered a plus
- offshore certificates (like BOSIET, GWO…)
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Availability to travel on very short notice
- Problem solving, target oriented with a specific focus on field activity
- Practical experience made on site for the specific activity: offshore/onshore
- Capability to prepare technical documentation
- Experience in managing relationship with Clients and Subcontractors
- Good relationship approach
- Team working capability
- Pragmatism. Capability to set and to handle pragmatically the priorities.
- Flexibility and capability to manage changes during the work
- Wish to quickly learn and get involved
- Knowledge and familiarity with all basic and common software.
Additional InformationPrysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute to the Group’s success. Prysmian Group is committed to the development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where people feel respected, appreciated and free to fully express their human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job requirements.
Line Mangers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the organization.
We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian Group will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Your application data will be treated according to our Data Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.