USA - Texas - Houston - Conroe
Job DescriptionWe are currently looking for a dynamic individual to work as a Chemical Engineer Intern at one of our locations in the United States.
Our summer intern program is tailored to individuals who are currently enrolled full-time students at an accredited four-year college or university. The internships run from May to August - dependent on the school calendar. The goal of the Huntsman Intern Program is to provide a structured program that will equip interns with the skills and experience to help prepare for a successful career.
The Chemical Engineer Intern will:
- Provide technical support to assigned area(s).
- Work closely with process/production engineers and Operations personnel on specific assignments related to meeting daily production goals.
- Participate, and eventually lead, troubleshooting efforts related to plant production including process improvement opportunities related to plant production including safety, environmental, quality, and unit performance issues.
- Identify process improvement opportunities related to these troubleshooting efforts.
- Ensure compliance with all corporate procedures and guidelines. Make sure that annual required training is completed on-time.
- Essential functions require presence in the workplace on a regular basis and an ability to work extra hours if needed. If applicable, ability to work overtime may be needed to ensure required staffing capacity to meet daily production objectives.
- Work collaboratively with team members with different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Assists other employees in accomplishments of Huntsman company goals. Follows instructions and performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Participates in Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives as set forth by the company. Participates in and completes company-required training programs.
What are we looking for in the ideal Candidate?
- Full time college student at the Junior or Senior level by the end of Spring 2021.
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited university seeking a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Must have 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Must be authorized to work in U.S.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) Card.
- Knowledge of the basic principles and methods used in chemical plant manufacturing and analyses.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Able to research and analyze information of considerable difficulty and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to build relationships across all organizational lines.
- Able to develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Proficiency in process stimulation programs preferred.
Huntsman Corporation is a publicly traded global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated and specialty chemicals with 2019 revenues of approximately $7 billion. Our chemical products number in the thousands and are sold worldwide to manufacturers serving a broad and diverse range of consumer and industrial end markets. We operate more than 70 manufacturing, R&D and operations facilities in approximately 30 countries and employ approximately 9,000 associates within our four distinct business divisions. For more information about Huntsman, please visit the company's website at www.huntsman.com.