About UsAppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that provides real-time visibility and insight into applications and their environments. With our unique solution, you can take the right action at precisely the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, Engineering, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver outstanding customer experiences at scale.
ResponsibilitiesAppDynamics infrastructure engineers are passionate about continuously improving both what we deliver and how we deliver our product to customers. We love to solve how our software interacts with infrastructure and how we deploy and manage our software. Most of the code we write is in Go. As the Infrastructure Engineer, you will:
- You will drive the development of the foundation that powers the core of AppDynamics to include both infrastructure and code.
- Lead a robust team to drive scalability and innovation to ensure the long-term effectiveness and deployment of all components within AppDynamics.
- Communicate to our internal partners on infrastructure topics in general, and the merits of our system in particular.
- Be a standout colleague who enjoys collaborating with, learning from, mentoring, and teaching other team members to create a positive work environment.
- Software and product development experience, preferably in cloud computing or distributed systems on Linux and UNIX based systems
- Experience in a similar role that displays strong leadership competencies and ability to foster technical strategy
- Experience building and deploying enterprise production systems in one of the following languages (Go, Python, C++)
- Previous experience with containers and orchestration technologies, such as Nomad, Docker, and Kubernetes is a definite plus
- Outside of the box thinking and problem-solving
- A strong understanding of currently accepted and emerging methodologies for managing infrastructure at scale
- Ability to balance solving problems with technology vs. finding problems to answer with a piece of technology
PerksWe know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401k match (4.5%)
- Wellness perks (hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
- Four weeks paid time off (PTO), five days volunteer time off (VTO), 14 holidays (including one birthday PTO and one floating holiday)
- A required company shut down between Christmas and New Years
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits, and drinks
- State of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike-share station.
- Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits