Essential Job Functions
- Recommends specific product configurations to assist with overall system design and integration.
- Configures, implements, and provides complex product support activities to meet client needs.
- Identifies potential uses for products or technologies; identifies issues and solidifies plans for using them to meet business needs. Assists in preparing requirements, evaluating products, and selecting relevant software such as commercial off the shelf software (COTS).
- Selects, coordinates and implements technical product components, ensuring that the technical solution addresses the business concern. Assists sales and consulting engineering teams in designing and integrating products into customer environments.
- Addresses product requirements, usability, change requests and defines future functionality to end users and stakeholder groups to increase understanding of products.
- Provides insight and advice to customers concerning applicability of specific complex products/technologies.
- Selects technology vendors to meet business needs as appropriate. Consults with, and compares, solutions with other product development managers, vendors, and cross functional technical groups to ensure consistent product solutions.
- Serves as the subject matter expert on product systems, processes, network architecture and interface capabilities.
- Participates in acceptance testing; coordinates product launches into new and existing markets.
- Assists in outlining new product/service business case justification to ensure that the proposed solution is capable of delivering articulated business benefits to the client.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related field preferred
- Three or more years of experience with technical product configuration, design, and/or integration
- Experience working with technical products, vendors, and families of technologies
- Experience working with product configurations
- Experience working with relevant software packages or classes of packages, and products within area of technical expertise
- Good technical infrastructure design skills
- Good communication skills to communicate with customers, support personnel, and management
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and switch between tasks quickly
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willingness to travel
- Office environment
- May require evening or weekend work