About AB InBevAB InBev is the leading global brewer and one of the world’s top 5 consumer product companies. With over 500 beer brands we’re number one or two in many of the world’s top beer markets: North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and Africa.
About BEESBEES, a part of the AB InBev family, is a digital organization within ABI building a platform to improve the ways retailers run their businesses and interact with the world’s largest brewer & other suppliers. We provide transactional and educational resources to SMB retailers across the world to help reduce the overhead of their day-to-day operations and make their businesses more profitable. Today more than 1 million SMB retailers across 18 countries use the BEES platform to source manage their business.
Our team is in search of a Data Engineer to be a leader in our Global Revenue Management & Commercial organization and help build, and maintain our data engineering infrastructure geared towards solving business problems and provide commercial value for ABI. This position reports directly to the Global Director of eCommerce Data Engineering.
About the TeamWe’re rethinking the way AB InBev does business with its retail customers and creating digital experiences to serve them. You will be joining a new digital organization within AB InBev consisting of digital strategy, product, design, analytics, operations and engineering. This organization is responsible for building the products and platforms that transform our traditional sales operations across the world.
About the JobThe Data Engineer will create, oversee and maintain commercial and external data pipelines working closely with our commercial, product and technology leads to standardize our commercial and external data. This person should have experience building data integrations to sales and ERP systems such as SAP, maintaining centralized data warehouses and data dictionaries for multiple commercial stakeholders.
Main stakeholders will include sales functions (commercial reporting, promo analytics, and sales algorithms) and customer data product leadership.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture, – own all data sources (transactional, internal and external data within our e-commerce organization) and ensure their accuracy to maintain commercial functions in our digital platforms
- Take ownership of understanding the business and operational problems at hand and how to best solve them through a data-driven approach
- Execute, and maintain the strategy for our data warehousing and pipelines to cater to specific business objectives, from implementation to maintenance
- Be a key leader in our global organization, working fluidly across ABI’s global and local teams and functions (sales, finance, marketing, product, IT, etc.) to make data-driven initiatives successful in an efficient way
- Prioritize and find the most efficient path towards solving complex, ambiguous business problems with data, keeping a mindset of simplicity, robustness and speed above all
- Have strong communication skills: able to clearly understand business objectives and translate them to an end to end data strategy and execution
- Have experience working in a central analytics or data strategy role within a large enterprise environment
- Have experience operating in a production level data warehouse and/or data lake
- Live and breathe data – providing the best, most correct data is your obsession
- Have extensive working knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Build ETL pipelines from a variety of data sources using cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) technologies.
- Experience with Python, R and modelling a plus
- Have experience working with both highly technical and non-technical profiles on a day-to-day basis
- Proven results in building highly impactful data warehousing systems that serve multiple functions.
- A self-starter who can lead strategic projects and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Lead from the front – not afraid to get hands dirty in troubleshooting a problem or chasing a data quality issue through resolution
- A creative thinker – Enjoys challenges and has a passion for solving complex problems and generating multi-functional solutions
- BA/BS degree (Computer Science, Software/Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Statistics, or similar technical field)
- Experience with Data Warehouses such as Google Big Query, Snowflake, AWS, or Azure in an international organization
- Experience structuring data from unstructured data sources and maintaining SLAs for delivery.
- Experience managing the full end-to-end pipeline for data warehousing and data pipelines of commercial data for multiple analytics and BI stakeholders
- Experience working in a full Data Engineering team: QA, Data Engineers, Data Analysts, DBAs, etc.