Job ID: JR0160139
Job Category: Intern/Student
Primary Location: Phoenix, AZ US
Job Type: Intern
Total Chemical Management Technician InternshipJob Description
Join Intel-and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well as onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive. CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel's commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation.
This will be an onsite internship length of 3 to 6 months.
As Corporate Services Total Chemical Management TCM technician your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Interact with engineering as well as other technicians maintaining sophisticated chemical and gas delivery systems. Your scope will include all High Volume Manufacturing HVM gas and chemical bulk delivery system operations on the Arizona campus.
- Operate and maintain chemical and gas delivery systems that support High Volume Manufacturing.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance troubleshooting and repair on chemical solvent and gas systems.
- Safely troubleshoot errors performing repairs and preventative maintenance on a wide variety of equipment to maintain 100 manufacturing uptime.
- Conducts preventative predictive and corrective maintenance inspections and procedures.
- Work performed within generally defined parameters.
- Safely use and understand hand tools power tools and test equipment.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records.
- Follow procedures.
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Willing to work in a team environment and demonstrate excellent customer service.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Degree of judgment and troubleshooting skills are required in resolving nonstandard problems.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience would be obtained through a combination of prior education level classes, and current level school classes, projects, research, and relevant previous job and/or internship experience.
This position is not eligible for employment-based visa/immigration sponsorship. Intel sponsors individuals for employment-based visas for positions where we experience a shortage of US Workers. These skills shortage roles are typically STEM contributing positions requiring a Master's or Ph.D. degree, or a Bachelor’s degree with three years’ related job experience. This position does not qualify for Intel Sponsorship because it is either (1) a non-STEM contributing position, or (2) a STEM position that only requires a Bachelor’s degree and less than three years’ experience
- The candidate must be enrolled in an Associates of Arts degree program in:
- HVAC Mechanical Electrical I
- C Instrumentation
- Controls Industrial Waste Systems or a related technical program.
- Must be willing to work minimum 20 hours per week regularly finals week once quarter may be the exception.
- Willing to work day/night shift and weekends to maintain minimum staffing for 24x7 operations however work schedules will be flexible to accommodate school schedule.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.