Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital worlds with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect.
Isolated Power Conversion System Applications Engineer
We are growing our Isolated Power Conversion Applications Engineering team. The Power Conversion team within the Isolation Technology group develops leading edge isolated gate drivers and isolated dc-dc solutions for Instrumentation, Industrial, Automotive, Healthcare, Communications and Consumer applications. We are seeking candidates that are open minded, have core technical knowledge and interest in developing breakthrough products. The applications role is about making it as easy as possible to adopt our products and signal chains. This role will be about delivering the application knowledge which allows ADI to think like the customer.
- Drive positive customer engagement activities in the development of new products
- Define innovative new products which solve the toughest problems and are easy for customers to use.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team (Marketing, Design, Test & Evaluation, Field Applications/Market Segment) to engage closely and deliver to our customers.
- Be responsible for design-in success for assigned released products
- Implement first class customer design-in support.
- Understand the customer needs and application.
- Provide innovative, practical and timely solutions to customer issues.
- Work with field colleagues or directly with the customer to solve these issues and clearly direct communicate the solutions.
- Create tools that make it faster and easier for our customers to design-in our products.
- Product development at ADI is a team game.
- You will work within a cross-discipline team to efficiently bring new products to market acting as the customer advocate. Developing your system and customer knowledge allows the team to make informed, evidence-based decisions.
- Customer awareness of our technology, products and solutions is critical in a competitive market.
- Create technical media (datasheets, application notes, videos, technical seminars/webinars and trade press articles) that promote awareness effectiveness and ease of use of our products. Make our differentiation and value clear in these media.
- Perform competitive benchmarking at device and system levels
- The business of ADI is international.
- Developing a relationship with our Field Application Engineers, Sales Engineers and distributors via key training material creation and delivery helps us to reach the broad customer base. The role requires delivery of both on-site and webinar based technical training.
- Developing system level understanding in relevant application segments is crucial.
- Be open to learning every day. Understand the customer system issues with a view to defining value-added solutions and play a contributing role in defining strategies for those application segments.
- The successful candidate will possess a Master’s degree in electronics engineering or related field – PhD preferred – and 2 to 4 years of experience in related fields
- Proficiency in PCB design, lab measurements, software-assisted automation (e.g. Python, C, Labview) and microcontroller coding are beneficial.
- Deep understanding of dc-dc switching converters, high voltage (>600V) converters, gate drivers, power controllers. Experience with high voltage (>600V) and high power (>20kW) testing preferred
- Power switches technologies: IGBT, SiC, GaN, especially from the drive and application perspective
- Experience in electrical PCB design (Cadence Allegro) and simulation (LTSpice)
- Build collaborative environment
- Interact inside and outside the organization
- Fast learning and open minded
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
For positions requiring access to technical data, Analog Devices, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce - Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State - Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position – except US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) – may have to go through an export licensing review process.
Analog Devices, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
EEO is the Law:
Education Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time