Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital worlds with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect.
To accomplish our mission, we are actively seeking a Embedded Security Engineer to join our Digital Processing and Security Platforms team. We are looking for a highly motivated, strategic thinker who can innovate around our customer’s security needs and drive our product security strategy as a key growth contributor across ADI’s primary markets.
The focus of this role is to work closely with ADI Product Teams and their customers to quickly understand a wide set of abstract use cases to conceptualize and test security approaches and requirements. The role will serve as the point of contact into the Product Security Assurance (PSA) team within our Security Practice group, and into the product teams to advise rapid prototyping projects on security and drive alignment of stakeholder requirements in key market segments. This is a senior engineering role, reporting to the Market Engagement Manager, within Analog Device’s Chief Technology Office.
The ideal candidate is energetic and self-motivated with great system engineering perspective. Some of the key skill sets required is proficiency with standard techniques of performing security threat models, developing reference designs, and writing product specifications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with key functional roles such as our PSA team, safety engineers, and participates in standard bodies to maintain alignment on security requirements for multiple markets
- Develop threat models for early stage system architectures, which will be used for test and validation of security needs within these emerging opportunities.
- Identify and document security stakeholder requirements from abstract customer use-cases
- Advise on security tradeoff decisions for advanced technical projects
- Validate security requirements with customers and product teams
- Expected Travel 20%
- BS/MS in EE, Systems Engineering or Computer Science; and,
- Master’s degree desirable
- Capabilities, qualities and skills:
- High level of self-motivation, very comfortable in fast moving environment
- Ability to manage ambiguity and wider matrix organization to maintain customer/project cadence.
- In-depth awareness of IoT security solutions and products, strong background in system engineering.
- Ability to articulate a wide set of customer use cases in multiple market segments through verbal/written collateral.
- Ability to conceptualize and write stakeholder level requirements.
- Excellent presentation skills to test security concepts and requirements with customers and product teams.
- Strong leadership and positive cultural behavior.
- Great collaborator that leads through influence.
- Knowledgeable of hardware and software engineering principles, frameworks and technologies.
- 5+ years’ industry experience that includes:
- Relevant experience in product / solutions sales / development – including technical experience in Cyber Security in two or more areas of Embedded Security, Cyber Security, Cryptography, Cloud Security, OT/IoT/IIoT Security, Digital/Agile development.
- Demonstrates customer empathy and experience in uncovering customer needs, then translating needs into technical and business requirements.
- Knowledge of standard processes for performing threat models and risk assessments.
- Ability to abstract relevant security standards and regulations for given market segments.
- Working knowledge of healthcare, automotive and industrial market segments.
Additional Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Effectively work as a member of a team, with focus on collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Self-motivated and driven to continually improve
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, to all levels within an organization
For positions requiring access to technical data, Analog Devices, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce - Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State - Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position – except US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) – may have to go through an export licensing review process.
Analog Devices, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time