Job ID: JR0167000
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: Hillsboro, OR US
Job Type: College Grad
Component Design Engineer for QnR Test ChipsJob Description
Designs, implements, and verifies Quality and Reliability (QnR) test structures and circuits to enable Intel's leading-edge Si technologies that are capable of delivering products exceeding the QnR expectations of its customers at optimized cost.
You will have the opportunity to work with partners in Technology Development (TD), Design Enablement (DE), and a world class team of QnR engineers to understand, define, and execute the requirements of new trailblazing Test Chips.
The Component Design Engineer for QnR Test Chips will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Design of chip layout circuit design, circuit checking, device evaluation and characterization, documentation of specifications, prototype construction and checkout, modification and evaluation of semiconductor devices and components, performing developmental and/or test work, reviewing product requirements and logic diagrams, planning and organizing design projects or phases of design projects.
- Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgement. Developing automation flows to improve the design quality and productivity.
The candidate should possess the below behavioral traits:
- Effectively communicating and collaborating with team members.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic environment.
- Analytics and problem-solving skills to communicate complex data in a simple, actionable way
This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Knowledge and/or experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school, work and/or classes and/or research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- The candidate must possess a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in:
- CMOS VLSI circuit design
- Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tools for logic synthesis, circuit optimization, layout, simulation, design rule checking, extraction, verification
- Programming/scripting in C/C++, SKILL, Python, TcL
- Unix/Linux operating systems
- Minimum of 3 months of experience in:
- Cadence: Virtuoso, Spectre
- Synopsys: IC Validator, Fusion Compiler, ICC2
- Demonstrated experience in IC design, fabrication, and silicon debug
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.