About the TeamThe Real Estate and Construction Management team acts as an integral part of the DoorDash DashMart team. We help deliver best in class real and industrial space to support the diverse and growing DashMart needs. We deliver spaces that are inclusive, inspirational, and functional, as well as efficient and adaptable. We want to remove any and all friction in the physical space that prevents our employees from doing the very best work of their careers.
You’ll be a vital part of a team that helps prepare DoorDash for where it is going, and enables the continued growth of our platform.
About the RoleDoorDash is looking for a Real Estate Transaction Manager to report to the Real Estate Manager. In this role, you will support the scaling of our New Verticals team as we rapidly expand our real estate DashMart portfolio. You will need to be a master at handling multiple tasks and projects with a “no-job-is-too-small” attitude, an ability to take thoughtful initiative, and the desire to go above and beyond. You will be an active participant in LOI and lease negotiations and ongoing portfolio management. This role will require exceptional communication skills, resourcefulness, and the ability to work well with a diverse range of personalities and perspectives.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Become a valued member of the Real Estate team, supporting hyper-growth across our portfolio.
- Focus primarily on supporting our New Business Verticals, working closely with a cross-functional team to negotiate LOIs and leases for new locations as we dramatically scale our DashMart operations.
- Operate at the Lowest Level of Detail, by diving into goals and fundamentals involved in each property (i.e. budget, lease structure, schedule constraints, etc.), in order to creatively problem-solve issues as they arise and successfully negotiate LOIs and leases to meet aggressive launch schedules.
- Work closely with a diverse team that includes vendors, internal cross-functional partners, and outsourced support to ensure we have scalable solutions and processes.
- Partner with our Construction Management team to ensure we have clearly defined budgets and projects scopes prior to lease execution.
- Be responsible for creating and managing regular communication and status reports to ensure all stakeholders are well informed of progress and KPIs.
We’re excited about you because you…
- Value our One Team, One Fight mentality by partnering effectively to execute on our common goals in a thoughtful and energetic manner.
- Have a Bias for Action with an appreciation and understanding of our mission in order to make sound and timely contributions.
- Strive to be 1% Better Everyday with your openness to adapt quickly to new ways of thinking and new processes to retain a competitive advantage.
- Choose Optimism and Have a Plan, whether it's a big project or impromptu task, you are quick on your feet and happy to contribute in a helpful, organized way.
- Have a strong understanding of letters of intent, lease agreements, real estate terminology, and basic lease accounting principles
- Have 3+ years of experience managing a real estate portfolio and negotiating LOIs and leases
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day