SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Job DescriptionSS&C Eze provides premier global investment technology to support the front, middle and back-office designed to optimize operational and investment alpha throughout the entire investment process. Our employees are at the heart of our success. At SS&C Eze, we foster career growth at all levels within the company and encourage employees to take ownership of their careers. As a result, many of our leaders have risen to their current roles, as we vigorously advocate upward and lateral mobility. We recruit the best and the brightest for our team by seeking talented, hard-working individuals who are enthusiastic about learning and realizing their potential.
Overview:The Eze Eclipse™ solution is a born-in-the-cloud investment solution that supports start-up, emerging equity-, and event-focused hedge funds’ full investment process in a single, unified platform through a secure web browser interface. As a Software Engineer on this team you will work on developing scalable, maintainable and testable systems and services that power this product suite. You will be utilizing the latest front-end and back-end technologies within a highly automated continuous integration/continuous delivery environment.
Day to Day:
- Work closely with peers, project and product managers to deliver scalable REST & GraphQL services in a variety of languages.
- Design and implement underlying data models for applications and services to be scalable and maintainable (Relational and Document Based Databases)
- Identify improvements and participate on innovating our tools and services that are at the foundation of our product
- Actively practice BDD while developing new features and refactoring existing code
- Provide operational support by fixing production issues
- Demo features each week in fun and relaxed team gatherings
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Experience providing technical leadership, providing design advice and mentoring other engineers
- Experience with the MEAN Stack –MySQL, Express.js, AngularJS, or Node.js
- Experience building REST API’s
- Professional experience with at least one object-oriented programming language such as C# or Java
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with a Devops environment
- Familiarity with design patterns and microservices architecture
- Active interest in new technology and emerging engineering practices
Nice to Have
- Experience with AWS, Azure or other public cloud
- Experience with React and GraphQL
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.