Vontobel brokerage is the leading Swiss Equity broker. It provides highly specialised investment advice on Swiss equities to around 500 institutional clients worldwide. Vontobel Brokerage covers around 120 Swiss listed companies with a team of 15 research analysts. Our 20 sales professionals, located in Zurich, London and Cologne distribute the research product to our institutional clients, providing them with expert advice on how to invest in Swiss equities.
The GTP Brokerage is primarily focused on equity research. There is also a sales-module as well as the possibility of a shorter module in Asset Management.
- Master's degree in banking & finance or business administration
- Dedicated for graduate functions, preferably with little relevant practical experience
- Interest in equity markets
- Analytical and structured thinking
- Pro-active attitude, team player, able to work under pressure
- Willing to complete additional training courses
- Very good knowledge of German and English
- CH or EU citizen
Brokerage Program modules:
- Sales and Sales Trading
Insights from our graduate
- M.A. in Banking & Finance from the University of St. Gallen
- Completed a number of internships across various areas in the financial industry during his studies, amongst others in equity research
What convinced you about this program?
I knew early on that I would work in sell-side equity research as it combines the more analytical aspects of in-depth company research with client and management interaction. I joined Vontobel in particular, because our Brokerage business consistently ranks as the top equity research team in Switzerland and it would allow me to learn from the best.
What has been your personal highlight in your program so far?
My colleagues made sure I felt part of the team right from the beginning by depending on me to contribute to a new real estate sector report. I was also positively surprised by how close we are to the companies we cover, as I get to converse with top management on a weekly basis. In general, the learning curve has been very steep and hasn’t flattened off since I started, as my team gives me plenty of opportunities to learn something new every day.
What is your advice for anyone interested in this GTP?
Be curious, ask questions, bring in your own ideas and take ownership of the work you do.
Apply via the "Apply now" button below!