Objectives of the Position
- Ensure that our vehicles fulfill the Mercedes-Benz standards regarding overall vehicle powertrain functions for Chinese customer.
- Derive China specific requirements, based on own experience and in cooperation within RD departments
- Communicate and drive the implementation of the China specifics and uniques in vehicle projects (via PLS and Commodity Group work) and functional and module strategies (China Requirement Working Groups, collaboration within RD).
- Development and adjustment Powertrain functional testing to China specific conditions and requirements
- Develop powertrain functional testing procedures to meet major use cases in China in order to evaluate and approve function in China
- Distinguish most customer related parameters based on field researches, customer observation and feedback of component responsible engineers in RD in order to design tailored systematic
- Plan and conduct Powertrain testing in China
- Plan required vehicles to implement testing and give release in accordance with project plan or MDS process
- Prepare vehicle, parts and resources
- Maintain and complete testing in a timely manner and within project timeline
- Conduct powertrain functional test cases accordingly to MB standards and Chinese customer’s satisfaction
- Regularly report testing progress
- Issue finding, tracking and documentation
- Documented properly any issue findings in systems accordingly
- Support responsible engineer to reproduce issue and further analysis
- Report the updated failure solving status at issue tracking platforms
- Team internal support, support testing engineer other test related work
- Bachelor degree in recognized automotive/Internal Combustion Engine education
- Graduates with first experience in automotive industry (including internships)
- Maximum 3 years working experience at OEM’s or suppliers for powertrain system testing, concept &specification, component development.
- Familiar with vehicle development process is an advantage.
- Specific Knowledge
- Capable of evaluating powertrain system, including gasoline engine & HV system, of test vehicles regarding function and NVH behavior
- Solid Knowledge of Powertrain parts – concepts and components
- Sensitive for issue detection, root cause analysis and system performance evaluation.
- Good driving skills.
- Working experience in international company is a plus.
- Longer stay in Germany or abroad (Business or education) is an advantage. Teamwork spirit with excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Advanced MS Office skills in PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Willingness to travel inside China and foreign countries.
- Fluent English (oral, writing, listening and reading) is mandatory; German language knowledge is an advantage
Field of activity:Research and Development incl. Design
DepartmentFunction Integration Powertrain
To location: Beijing, Daimler Greater China Ltd.