Job Description - Business Intelligence Developer, Data Visualization (19WD34319)
Business Intelligence Developer, Data Visualization19WD34319Americas-United States of America-California-San Rafael
Business Intelligence Developer, Data Visualization
Location: San Rafael, CA- United States
Job ID: 19WD34319
Position Overview As a member of the Autodesk Finance Systems and Operations Transformation (FSOT), you will be responsible for developing management reporting, dashboards, metrics, and analysis as part of the operational reporting systems used by the Corporate Finance, Sales Finance, and Divisional Finance Business Partners. This position will also support the finance user’s operational requests and following up through the process of making those requests materialize.
The ideal candidate would not only be technically proficient in data analytics and BI Dashboard/App design but would bring a real passion for the User Experience by creating meaningful BI data visualizations that drive insight. In this role, you would collaborate with the Finance community, Finance BI Developers, and the Digital Platform and Experience (DES/IT) organization to define requirements and provide innovative new data visualization solutions.
Candidate must have demonstrated ability to design engaging and interactive business insights dashboards using BI tools and possesses knowledge experience on data visualization best practices, with a focus on enhancing user interaction and user experience.
- Develop and maintain Dashboards, Apps and reports by translating functional requirements into easy-to-use, flexible report and dashboard outputs
- Act as point of contact for a set of worldwide finance business partners requesting new reports, enhancements to existing reports, and advice on best practices in report development
- Balance business requirements with technical feasibility and set expectations. Determine the size of the request and communicate it to the manager to discuss request and determine priority
- Develop and maintain reports and dashboards by translating functional requirements into easy-to-use, flexible report and dashboard outputs with an appealing user experience
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback, establish and promote design guidelines, standards, and best practices
- Maintain up to date knowledge of latest tools, principles, and practices. Present information and stories through reports and visualization. Develop standard reports and functional dashboards based on business requirements
- Effectively communicate and think strategically, write concisely, and speak easily to groups including peers and superiors
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Design, Finance or Computer Science or equivalent work experience, Master’s degree desirable
- 5 + years BI development, experienced in developing BI tools such as, Dashboards, Apps, Reports, etc.
- 5+ years’ experience in developing BI visualizations with an understanding of best practices
- Strong analytical skills, programing and visual story telling skills especially as it relates to Business reporting
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High self-motivation and strong delivery focus
- Excellent teamwork and relationship development skills
- Strong communicator with both Business users and technical staff
- Rigorous attention to detail and application of standards and process
- Possess deep knowledge and experience in data visualization best practices, with a focus on enhancing user interaction and user experience
- Skilled Developer in BI tools such as Qlik View, Qlik Sense, Power BI, Tableau etc. Working knowledge of Database structures/concepts, SQL, Data warehousing, data
- Appreciation of system analysis methodologies, standards, tools, and techniques
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with proven ability to comprehend business requirements
About AutodeskWith Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.