Job Description - Frontend Engineer (19WD34382)
Frontend Engineer19WD34382Americas-United States of America-All Regions-All Cities
Location: San Francisco, CA- United States
Job ID: 19WD34382
Position OverviewWe’re looking for Frontend Engineers to help us transform the construction industry. Our customers are building some of the most amazing construction projects on the planet, and PlanGrid allows them to be radically more efficient. We realize that few people will have experiences that run the gamut of what this role requires day-to-day, so we’re looking for people with a track record of success of providing insanely great customer experiences. We value diversity and recognize that smart people from a wide range of backgrounds are the key ingredient to building the best products.
PlanGrid at Autodesk is committed to support you to do great work, use technologies you like, alongside peers you respect. You’ll do this on a product that delights users, has made money from the day it launched, and grown steadily ever since. If that sounds like the environment for you, we’d love for you to build and grow with us. We are open to remote engineers.
- Be proficient in modern web technologies & Frameworks (ES6, CSS3, React/Redux)
- Technical undergraduate degree or higher (CS, Math, Engineering, etc.)
- Strong grasp of Computer Science Fundamentals (Data Structures, Theory Basics, etc.)
- Feel at home using modern web testing frameworks. (Karma/Jasmine, Jest, etc)
- Be able to refactor and re-architect to support new models and paradigms
- Experience using modern build systems (Grunt, WebPack etc)
- Have writing skills that are highly scalable to develop reliable front-end web applications
The Ideal Candidate
- A preference for quality over quantity: You understand the technology, build the appropriate solution to get the job done, and appreciate a team that holds each other to a high standard
- Ownership and pride over everything you ship: You'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it provides real value
- Deep customer empathy: You recognize the value in solving real customer problems and strive to use the best conceptual models to frame the problem
- A love of building elegant, maintainable code: Abstracting and refactoring should be a passion, not a chore
- Team players: You recognize that the ‘whole is greater than the sum of its parts,’ appreciate collaboration, and do your part to make the larger team win
- Pragmatism: You consider the many tradeoffs (business, technical, UX, speed, accuracy, complexity) inherent in every decision
About AutodeskWith Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It's disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital scientists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.