Job ID 00000150687Date posted 10/21/2019Location Titusville, FloridaCompany The Boeing Company
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Position Overview:Boeing Space and Launch, In-Space Vehicles is searching for a associate Wire Design and Installation Engineer to support XSP Program. This position supports the wire harness technical design team. This position is located at Kennedy Space Center in FL.
- Develops and maintains cable/wire harness detail and assembly designs. Supports analysis and design reviews.
- Develops and maintains electrical product detail, assembly and installation designs (e.g., equipment racks, power panels, cable routing and geometry, antennas).
- Provides engineering design disposition on discrepancies (e.g., rejection tags, production action requests, shop revision requests).
- Follows documented processes, specifications and procedures that support the design and manufacture of electrical commodities.
- Supports the development of statements of work.
- Assists in the technical review of supplier capabilities to facilitate source selection.
- Analyzes functional and physical input used in the development of integrated design and system architecture.
- Works under general supervision.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Experience working with UGNX CAD tool
- Experience designing or supporting electrical wire harness installations
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's or higher in Electrical, Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- 1 or more years of wire Harness or related experience
- Aircraft or spacecraft experience
Typical Education & Experience:Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Familiarity with wire harness design and electronic unit placement for aerospace applications a plus. Unigraphics NX CAD experience desired.
Experience LevelIndividual Contributor
Contingent Upon Program AwardNo, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.