PMO SpecialistUnited Kingdom - South East - Sunbury
Job ID 102751BRJob category IT&S Group Relocation availableNoCitySunburyCountryUnited KingdomTravel required Yes - up to 10%
Job profile summary:Responsible for supporting project and product delivery, using sound technical capabilities to define, document and carry out small projects, agreeing approach, plans and performance criteria, managing costs and stakeholder engagement, and identifying and addressing risks to ensure the success of the project and support continuous improvement. Specialism: Project and Product Delivery.
Job Advert:At IT&S, all the roles are within Chapters. While your role will continue to remain within the Chapter, your initial activities described below may change over time.
You will work within an agile delivery squad initially focused on Loyalty, Promotions and Insights.
This role will interact directly with our customers, development teams, business product owners and 3rd party vendors.
If you have experience in petroleum retail and can adapt and deliver solutions meeting the demand in the marketplace, come join our team.
Team: Developing the capability of your teams to deliver the most agile solutions is one of your top priorities. Our culture is exploring, thinking and doing, and you will live this every single day. Working with the team, you will facilitate the development of plans and project delivery.
Relationships: You will develop and maintain a series of internal and external stakeholder relationships and support project delivery. The role requires ability to influence and inspire change in a positive and impactful way.
Project Management:You will help implement, maintain and monitor records for costs, timescales and resources used, to inform decision-making and advise where these deviate from agreed tolerances. You will help implement processes to monitor delivery, and/or contract compliance with terms and conditions and progress against agreed quality and performance criteria including benefits realisation. You will help ensure formal project closedown processes are executed and lessons learned are recorded.
Technology: You will build awareness of internal and external technology developments, managing the delivery of process and system improvements, identifying and implementing continuous improvement plans for and ensuring best practice is shared across the team.
Safety and Compliance: Safety of our people and our customers is our highest priority. We will advocate and help ensure our architectures, designs and processes enhance a culture of operational safety and improve our digital security.
- Educated to degree-level and/or have equivalent relevant work experience.
- Have experience of project management ideally gained from a petroleum retail
- Experience working in a multifunctional environment
- Have experience in petroleum retail and can adapt and deliver solutions meeting the demand in the marketplace, come join our team
- Have gained Project Management experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to work across project management domains to support the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and closure of projects:
- Embrace a culture of change and agility, evolving continuously, adapting to our changing world.
- An effective team player, looking beyond your own area/organizational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and/or perspective of others, while applying cultural sensitivity.
- Be self-aware and seek input from others on impact and effectiveness.
- You can use insight and good judgment to enable commercially sound, efficient and pragmatic decisions and solutions and to respond to situations as they arise.
- You comply with BP's Code of Conduct and demonstrate strong leadership of BP's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours.