Date Posted: 2019-11-04-08:00
Country: United States of America
Location: PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to shape the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it.
As part of the team at Pratt & Whitney, you’ll help answer today’s challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow’s solutions. Our internships and co-ops are designed to help build your professional credentials while also igniting your imagination. Opportunities exist throughout our company and are available to students who are motivated to learn and grow.
Inclusion Powers Innovation: We unlock our employees’ full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody’s opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
The engine program that powers the F-35 has an opening for a motivated, self-starting F135 Customer Support Engineer. As part of Military Customer Support & Services, duties include support of Field Customers at Base locations across different military services and multiple international customers. Responsibilities:
- Provide timely responses to numerous technical questions related to Fan Module hardware to ensure uninterrupted daily flight operations
- Assist Unit level sites as needed with responding to Action Requests (AR) questions related to Fan Module hardware
- Support urgent and critical customer flight operations, author presentations, logistics assessments, position papers, and support engineering investigations, as well as answering issues related to Joint Technical Data (JTD)
- Coordinate technical issue resolution among Lockheed Martin, P&W Component Integrated Product Team (CIPT), Component Aftermarket Integrated Product Team (CAIPT), Logistics Program Management (LPM), and Joint Program Office (JPO) customer
- Maintain flexibility to resolve constantly changing customer priorities
- Coordinate updates pertaining to customer requests, Engineering Changes (EC) as well as Component Improvement Program (CIP) tasks that benefit unit/depot level maintenance between internal and external customers
- Travel to depots or field sites when required to facilitate engineering investigations (EI) related to Fan Module hardware
- Support Analytical Condition Inspections (ACI) for lead the fleet engines in support of limit expansion and hardware evaluation upon operationSupport
- and monthly safety reviews with Senior Leadership by briefing ongoing safety related investigations to ensure the fleet is operation safelyAssist in driving P&W Engineering intent as well as corrective actions into the fleet
Do you meet these Basic Qualifications?
- US Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- Experience working in an engineering related job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field
- Fields of study: Mechanical Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering or technical field
- You are graduating between: December 2019 or early 2020
- You have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Motivated employee with a team orientated attitude
- Demonstrated ability for solving problems independently
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.