Job ID: JR0125274
Job Category: Intern/Student
Primary Location: Hillsboro, OR US
Job Type: Intern
Facilities Safety Engineer - InternJob Description
Join Intel-and build a better tomorrow.Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services (CS) provides Intel employees the infrastructure and environment to create breakthrough technology that make amazing experiences possible. Our scope is vast, whether we are providing services that help employees stay productive and satisfied, or transforming how we work by providing ultra-pure water/chemicals to factory process tools, shuttling employees between sites, protecting the environment, keeping employees safe, or building and maintaining offices, labs, and factories. Our employees create a better tomorrow for all Intel employees around the world.
The heart of Intel innovation is here and this is your opportunity. Our Safety Engineers make a big impact by defining criteria and implementing programs to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations and monitoring the work environments of our employees. We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Ability to communicate strategic and tactical concepts across a wide range of employees engineering peers to operational technicians to management .
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Team work and collaboration skills.
- Oral and written communication skills to work with all levels of management and diverse customer base with both technical and non-technical partners.
- *Responsibilities may be quite diverse in a technical nature and will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the role, U.S. experience and education requirements. Job assignments may be for the summer or for short periods throughout the school year.**
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience would be obtained through a combination of prior education level classes, and current level school classes, projects, research and relevant previous job and/or internship experience.
- The candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in occupational or industrial safety, public health, industrial hygiene, Ergonomics Engineering, or related field.
- This U.S. position is open to U.S. Workers Only. A U.S. Worker is someone who is either a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident, or a person granted Refugee or Asylum status by the U.S. Government. Intel will not sponsor a foreign national for this position.
- Junior or Senior Level at Bachelor's level
- Pursuing a Master's degree.
3 months to 1 experience in:
- Industrial safety, OSHA, NIOSH and ACGIH policies.
- Application of sound engineering principles and technical problem solving.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance....
Primary Location: Hillsboro, OR US