Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) has entry-level Infrastructure Engineering internship positions to join and expand our Hardware and Infrastructure (HWI) team in our state of the art facility in Dulles, VA.
Our collaborative team is comprised of the best & brightest people, solving problems that make the world a safer place and helping to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, including a large presence in Dulles, VA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Our Hardware & Infrastructure (HW&I) Engineering team is seeking Infrastructure Engineers to join our team supporting development, implementation, and deployment of state-of-the-art information systems for unique defense and intelligence customer missions. Our team uses the latest technology in our systems, including DevOps tools and processes and cloud computing. Qualified candidates will be interested in learning these kinds of technologies in-depth, and applying their academic learning and hands-on skills in compute, network, storage, cyber, and/or cloud infrastructure services to complex information system design and implementations.
Key responsibilities for the qualified candidate include:
- Implementation of DevOps tools and processes to implement infrastructure services for complex computing systems
- Utilization of private and public cloud platforms for infrastructure services
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) software and Free and Open Source Software (FOSS)
Security Clearance & Other Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a government security clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Ability to develop solutions to technical problems
- Ability to work in a multi-discipline team environment
- Ability to articulate status and results
- Possess good written and oral communication skills
- Desire to learn cloud computing and DevOps technologies, including development of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) automation scripts
- Exposure to Linux command line
- Ability to obtain a US Government secret security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US citizens are eligible for this level of clearance
- Experience and understanding of programming concepts and scripting skills using bash, Ruby, Python, and/or PowerShell or related languages
- Experience with public and/or private cloud environments and tools – VMware, AWS
- Experience with Chef Automate or similar DevOps build automation tools (Puppet, Ansible)
- Experience with integration and troubleshooting COTS/FOSS software
- Familiarity with security engineering concepts and practices
- Exposure to the software development life cycle, especially agile development
Candidate must be enrolled in an accredited college or university, pursing a degree in a STEM-related field. A GPA of 3.0+ is strongly desired. Please include your GPA on your resume and a copy of your current transcript with your application
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 153548
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.