Date Posted: 2019-08-30-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
This position is for an Electrical Engineering Internship for the 2020Summer/Fall session within the Common Platform Hardware (CPH) department.
The overall charter of the CPH department is to design and support ruggedized military avionics equipment, generally for military customers (both fixed and rotary wing). Equipment types consist of mission computers, control display units, video processing units, and aircraft control panels. Printed circuit boards designed within the department include processor, I/O, interconnect, video/graphics, and EMI assemblies.
The successful candidate will gain exposure and contribute to the design and verification of product lines within the department. Opportunities will vary from requirements capture, schematic capture, PCB design, and exposure to formal MIL-STD qualification testing methods.
Duties will include assisting senior engineers on design implementation, parts procurement, product build, working with and/or creation of technical documentation, and product test. A strong interest in hardware development is desired.
Additional requirements: Candidate must be self-motivating, possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and be proactive when seeking needed information from other personnel.
Additional Attributes Required:
- Participates in personal and technical developmental activities
- Applies new skills in day-to-day project activities
- Is receptive to feedback and responds by making an effort to improve
- Uses problems as opportunities to learn
- Keeps leadership sufficiently informed of status of assignments
- Identifies problems and priority conflicts
- Elevates issues and concerns to leadership and/or management for resolution
- Exhibits good written communication skills
- Exhibits good oral (verbal, non-verbal/body language, listening, etc.) communication skills
- Demonstrates an understanding of the value of cooperating with team members
- Works well with others to achieve team goals
- Remains flexible and considers the opinions, suggestions, and alternatives provided by others
- Demonstrates respect and sensitivity for team members, peers, and coworkers
- Approaches work with enthusiasm
- Pursues goals and development plans with enthusiasm
Ability to obtain a security clearance is desired.
Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.