Date Posted: 2019-08-29-07:00
Country: United States of America
Location: HWV02: S&IS (Deicing) - Union 225 Stringtown Road , Union, WV, 24983 USA
Currently enrolled in an Associate or Bachelor Degree program from an accredited college, university or technical school. • Minimum GPA of 3.0 required. • Preferred majors are:
Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering Technology, Industrial Management, Operations Management or equivalent.
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of Collins Aerospace. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
- Use of analytical and problem solving skills to identify and eliminate waste within manufacturing and business processes • Assist with implementation of lean manufacturing, 5S, continuous improvement and visual factory projects. • Track the progress of open and in process work orders using Manufacturing Resource Planning software (SAP). • Assist in evaluating planning and capacity parameters of production areas to ensure accurate and optimal inventory levels, on time delivery, and throughput yield. • Perform root cause analysis on manufacturing issues and implement corrective actions. • Conduct and document time studies and capacity analysis of various operations within production areas. • Assist in writing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Work job duties • May require travel <10% to our Design location in Uniontown, OH
Experience / Qualifications
- Excellent Computer skills including, Powerpoint, Excel, Word Programs are required.
- Preferred experience with SAP, Agile, Access and /or CAD.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills
- Preferred familiarity with Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement principles.
- Ability to interact with a variety of manufacturing, engineering and planning personnel in a positive and professional manner.
- Willing ness to work various shifts as required.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program
- Minimum completion of at least 30 credit hours
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must hold a minimum of 3.0
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.