About Sony Music EntertainmentSony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
OverviewThe Data Engineer will report to the Head of A&R Research. This role will explore and build products using the latest and greatest in Data Analytics, Cognitive Services, Machine Learning and more. This role is based at Sony Music’s offices in New York.
- Create and maintain systems to load and transform very large data sets from digital media retailers (iTunes, Spotify, YouTube, etc) as well as social media sources.
- Work with a cross-functional team to create data-driven insights and reports for business stakeholders.
- Work with other members of the team to create customer-facing analytics tools and visualizations.
- Process millions of rows of data daily to provide analytics to our end users.
- Take advantage of our continuous integration and deployment.
- Participate in technical design and peer review for new projects.
- Experience using Snowflake and Google Cloud Platform preferred.
- Experience with AWS ecosystem. Some preferred services are Redshift, RDS, S3, and SWF.
- Proven experience with ETL frameworks (Airflow, Luigi, or our own open sourced garcon ).
- Expertise with at least one distributed data stores (Redshift, Cassandra, Snowflake).
- Familiarity with noSQL technologies (mongoDB, DynamoDB).
- Proficient in scripting language of choice. Python is strongly preferred, PHP a plus.
- Highly proficient in writing SQL for a relational datastore (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Knowledge of technologies that can deal with Big Data is a Big Plus (Kafka, Spark, Hive, Hadoop/MapReduce).
- Ability to write automated tests (unit, functional, and integration) to ensure code works as expected.
- Desire to collaborate with other engineers through peer code reviews.
- Deep understanding of data structures and schema design.
- Detail-oriented, proactive problem solving skills.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.