Demand Planner - Tool Rental and Big FleetManchester
Reference No: WD-0002174
What's the role?As the Demand Planner you will manage the flow of materials within Northern Europe and be responsible for securing timely market intelligence for Tool Rental and Big Fleet orders, whist also performing Materials Management duties for a specific Business Unit. You will ensure that there is an optimisation of stock and service level at all locations in line with company objectives.
Who is Hilti?Unless you work in construction, you probably haven't heard of us. We're a hidden gem.
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the professional construction sector. Our customers are loyal and enthusiastic about us. So are our people.
We regularly win Great Place to Work awards globally and are very proud to have been placed on the Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list in the UK by our employees for the past 10 years.
Hilti offers the best of both worlds – friendly teams locally and roles across the UK combined with the opportunities only a company of 30,000 people spread across 120 countries can bring.
What does the role involve?You will facilitate Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) by partnering with
Sales and Marketing to create a consensus sales forecast which steers the Supply Chain, taking into consideration different plans and scenarios to achieve targeted sales and deliver performance. You will take responsibility for inventory management of assigned products within the Northern Europe Central Warehouse’s to ensure that service and networking capital targets are met.
You will plan, forecast and release purchasing orders to ensure targeted product availability at optimum inventory levels with pro-active management of system / planning alerts. Management of all stock shortages, ensuring that appropriate action is taken to resolve with minimum cost impact and maximum attention to customer service and managing open customer orders until delivery including complaints. You are the primary driver of marketing efforts to reduce obsolescence (obsolescence pre-warning, sell-offs, pruning).
93% of our people say they’re proud to work for Hilti, thanks to the quality of our products and the way we look after our people.
What do we offer?We really value our people and we've worked hard to develop a competitive reward package that reflects this. Some of the benefits we offer include:
- Genuine career advancement (more than 80% of all leadership roles are filled internally)
- Competitive salary and above-average performance bonus
- 6% employer pension contributions
- Private Health Insurance and Employee Assistance Programme
- 33 days' holiday (inc. Bank Holidays) plus the ability to purchase 5 days more annually
- Paid leave to work on charitable projects
- Hilti Benefits Box, a reward platform offering a cycle to work scheme and shopping and lifestyle discounts/cashback
- Flexible working arrangements after 6 months' service (e.g. work from home options, compressed hours)
- Subsidised on-site canteen and free fruit and salad
- Free parking
This role will be based at our Bredbury site, however in early 2021 the Materials Management team will move to state of the art new premises at Circle Square in Central Manchester. We will continue to offer free parking for employees and will be located a short walk from Oxford Rd train station and St Peter's Square tram stop.
Why should you apply?We have an excellent mix of people and success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Technical or Business Masters Degree
- SAP R3/ APO Planning system experience would be preferred.
- Previous exposure to Supply Chain Planning.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Logical thinker with good attention to detail and a high level of commitment.
- Second language an advantage but not vital (In particular Swedish, Danish or Finnish).
- Internationally mobile for future career opportunities.
Click through the 'Apply Now' button where you will be asked to upload your CV and answer a couple of short questions – the whole process should take around 90 seconds. If we like what we see, you'll be invited to a telephone interview.
If you need any support with your application please contact .
“You get a unique opportunity to experience all different functions of the supply chain – and, for many people, to do it overseas. We really encourage our teams to challenge the way things are done. If you can make a process simpler, do it, show us.”
- Fabrice, Head of Global Logistics Services