South Glens Falls
Process EngineerEssity Manufacturing Professional Hygiene North America is currently searching for a Process Engineer for our manufacturing operations in South Glens Falls, NY.
What You Will DoThis role serves as the day-to-day owner of the machine processes and process control systems for the plant. Owns and manages the development of troubleshooting skills of the manufacturing professionals. Acts as a subject matter expert for the machine processes. Participates and/or leads in Continuous Improvement projects. Helps to identify and support projects that will improve productivity, waste, quality and safety performance on a long term basis.
- Ensures all site safety rules and safe work procedures are followed in area of responsibility;
- Support and drive BOS (Be Aware of Safety) initiatives and other site-based co-operative safety programs and initiatives;
- Ensure all system requirements are practiced for the management of HSE&R Hazards & Incidents;
- Lead and promote HSE&R practices within Shift/Line Crews;
- Demonstrate site leadership behaviors in safety at all times;
- Manage and monitor annual vendor service contracts in area of responsibility;
- Provide usable reliability-centered maintenance tools and systems in support of operating KPI’s and quality goals of equipment within the MBU/Asset areas;
- Responds to needs of the operating team by identifying and Implementing appropriate training, technical manuals, and optimizing vendor relationships;
- Acquire a thorough knowledge of machine/product technology and processes, and transfer that knowledge to operating team and Resource Support Team (RST) to facilitate continued improvement;
- Facilitate the completion of improvement plans to achieve targeted performance and continuous improvement;
- Maintain availability and effective communication around the coordination and planning of primary maintenance outages that would impact productivity and runnabilty;
- Assist RST Lead and E-Save Engineer with priority needs in Energy and Materials reduction initiatives and projects;
- Coordinate & facilitate weekly outage planning/scheduling meetings with RST, Operators, and maintenance and engineering resources; compile and distribute weekly outage and maintenance schedules;
- Implement processes that ensure efficient and effective use of labor time of on-site and contracted maintenance resources;
- Implement long term Predictive and Preventive maintenance approaches to facilitate Asset reliability;
- Identify and communicate opportunities for continuous improvement of processes and technology, including identification of new planning or workflow management tools, or better utilization of current technology and required training;
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team work;
- Recognize and celebrate team and team member accomplishments and results achievement.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Paper Science, Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering, or other related engineering field preferred, or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 1 year of process engineering experience required (manufacturing related internship/co-op could be substituted for experience requirement);
- Pulp and paper experience preferred;
- Maintenance planning or Continuous Improvement methodologies experience preferred;
- Project management experience preferred;
- Skilled in SAP or another Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and Mill Execution Systems (MES);
- Skilled in Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, and Power Point;
- Ability to estimate man hours for maintenance work;
- Ability to lead teams through change and improvement;
- Leadership experience with a customer focus on industrial reliability;
- Proven knowledge and track record in world class maintenance safety processes;
- Knowledge of industrial mechanical equipment;
- Ability to work and communicate with outside resources: OEM representatives, vendors, contractors, service companies;
- Problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
What We Can Offer YouAt Essity, we believe every career is as unique as the individual and empower employees to reach their full potential in a winning culture motivated by a powerful purpose.
Collaborative and caring Work Environment | Empowerment | Job Impact | Work with a Powerful Purpose | Individual Learning and Development | Health & Safety | Social Responsibility | Innovation