At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
The RoleVeeva CP&C (Consumer Products & Chemicals) is seeking a Technical Architect to join our rapidly expanding Professional Services team in Europe. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience in Java or similar Object-Oriented Languages as well as CRM or Document-Management Systems.
As a Technical Architect, you will be a key member of the Veeva Vault Technical Services team which will be the leaders in Vault Platform architecture and application extension through Java development. This position requires a blend of those who enjoy writing code while also wanting to grow into being a client-facing technical consultant to our customers in the chemicals, cosmetics, and consumer products industries.
You will be contributing firsthand towards transforming the way our customers collect, maintain, and distribute business-critical processes and documentation. You will be encouraged to share your ideas and to work with other Veeva team members to innovate and refine our internal processes, collaborate with our Product Development team, and enhance our delivery model to meet the ever-changing needs of our customers and their industries.
Opportunities are available across the EU/UK for this role; this is a remote position. There is no work location requirement if a candidate is in close proximity to an airport and able to meet travel requirements. Qualified EU or UK-based candidates are encouraged to apply.
What You'll Do
- Extend application capabilities through Java-based solutions using the Vault Java SDK
- Design and implement cloud-based integrations using REST APIs
- Manage integration and development projects and resources
- Develop internal and external tools to help our customers and our consultants
- Provide subject matter expertise on the Veeva Vault product functionality and APIs
- Work closely with customers to establish solutions at the business and technical level
- 2+ years of hands-on experience of programming in Java or other object-oriented programming languages
- Proven ability to manage concurrent projects with concurrent deadlines
- 4-year degree majoring in a technical field (Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent) or a 2-year degree with equivalent experience
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to work in a customer-facing technical role
- Flexibility to travel
- Fluent in English
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the European Union or the UK. Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status for this employment position
Nice to Have
- Direct experience with regulated systems or data-driven applications such as Veeva Vault solutions, SharePoint, NextDocs, Documentum, FirstDoc /FirstPoint, Trackwise, Medidata, Liquent Insight…
- SaaS/Cloud delivery experience (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Document/data migration experience
- PMP certification / Scrum certification
- Execution experience with Agile methodology
- Additional language(s)
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
- Allocations for charitable giving program
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.