Job ID: JR0155788
Job Category: Intern/Student
Primary Location: Hillsboro, OR US
Other Locations: US, Arizona, Phoenix;US, California, Santa Clara
Job Type: Intern
VLSI Process Rule Developer InternJob Description
This position is within the Design Enablement(DE) organization of Technology Development(TD). At Intel, Design Enablement is one of the key pillars enabling Intel to deliver winning products in the marketplace. Your work will directly enable design teams to get to market faster with leadership products on cutting edge technologies. As part of the Design Enablement/Process Design Kit (PDK) group, you will join a highly motivated team of talented engineers solving challenging technical problems enabling PDKs for Intel's most advanced process technologies and drive PDKs towards industry standard methods and ease of use for the end customers. The job requires partnering and leveraging domain experts across various areas of Technology Development, EDA vendors and product design teams to develop and deliver high quality technology collaterals, models and enablement of EDA tools.
- Develops and applies computer aided design (CAD) software engineering methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of technical problems
- Assessing architecture and hardware limitations, plans technical projects in the design and development of CAD software.
- Defines and selects new approaches and implementation of CAD software engineering applications and design specifications and parameters
- Prepares design specifications, analysis and recommendations for presentation and approval. May specify materials, equipment and supplies required for completion of projects and may evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or services
- Drive innovation and initiatives to enhance existing automation, tools and methodology.
- Identify and analyze problems, plans, tasks, and solutions
- Cultivate and reinforce appropriate group values, norms and behaviors
- Perform in a dynamic and challenging environment with drive and creativity.
- Thrive in a fast paced, challenging environment
- Detail oriented
- Be enrolled and pursuing a Masters/Phd program in the field of Computer Science/Computer/Electrical Engineering
- 6+ months experience in software engineering understanding using Object Oriented methods
- Have completed coursework on Programming and VLSI.
- Experience with at least one of the following: C++/Python/Perl/TCL/developing design tools.
- Knowledge in semiconductor device physics, models and technology scaling
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Primary Location: Hillsboro, OR US