Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
- Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal) -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
Credit Karma’s Personal loans team is helping members achieve their financial goals of paying off their high cost debt using lower cost loans. Our mission is to be the most trusted advisor and help members on their journey to be debt free.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for a key metric that helps our members, partners and business succeed
- Discover problems for our partners that will help us make progress for the key metric that you are responsible for
- Come up with a roadmap to solve the problems that you discover
- Define product requirements, goals, KPIs, and milestones and work cross-functionally to execute on your roadmap. You will collaborate effectively with others to deliver high-quality outcomes
- Partner closely with engineering, design, research, marketing, and other stakeholders to develop value-driving strategies
- Collaborate with leadership across Credit Karma to ensure the product delivers on its mission to champion financial progress for all
What’s great about the role:
- Rare opportunity to deliver impact at scale to our massive member base of more than 100 million members
- High impact, high visibility - play a key role in the Credit Karma’s pre-approval strategy
- Work in a highly cross-functional, highly collaborative environment - you are the hub of many spokes within Credit Karma
- Use business acumen, analytical skills and relationship experience to market and execute complex initiatives
Minimum Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 1-2 years of product experience. Fintech experience not required. Consumer product experience preferred with focus on driving acquisition and retention.
- Creative product thinker with strong product ability. Can partner closely with design to craft simple and delightful experiences, even in the face of complex constraints and requirements
- Entrepreneurial spirit, grit, and ability to get things done. Track record of shipping multiple complex consumer products with broad reach and measurable impact
- Can strike a healthy balance between speed of execution and maintaining a high quality bar. Adept at driving prioritization decisions and trade-offs based on user needs and company priorities
- High ownership mentality with a strong willingness to roll up your sleeves while also being able to delegate effectively and learn on others. Ability to stretch across IC and management responsibilities
- Have a high level of comfort working with ambiguous goals. Ability to work on projects that range from immature pre-product fit to larger, market leading initiatives
- Outcomes-driven, ability to define KPIs and articulate how they can be met by the product plan. Analytical mindset and data-driven approach to strategic planning and problem solving
Equal Employment OpportunityCredit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)