Job DescriptionAt Zendesk, we get excited about building software that delivers the ultimate customer experience. Your around the globe use our products to engage you as a customer, and we lead the industry with breathtakingly simple software. And we’re constantly innovating – no really, we can’t wait to outdo ourselves in the near future.
Zendesk is looking for a passionate Software Engineering Intern to join us for a 12 months internship, with a view to become a full-time employee after the internship. We'd like to speak to the individuals who are available for at least 24 hours per week.
About the teamThe Sell Compute team is currently focusing on migration of our stack to Kubernetes platform, leveraging additional tools such as Istio, Consul and many more to increase reliability, scalability and maintainability of our infrastructure.
Currently, we work with technologies like Nomad as a compute platform, Nginx as our routing solution, Terraform and Ansible to provision and configure our infrastructure and Kubernetes with Istio as our future PaaS. Everything is hosted using 600+ AWS EC2 instances and monitored by DataDog & CloudWatch.
For automation, we primarily use Python (mostly AWS Lambda), but if there’s a need, we’re not scared of coding in Golang or Ruby. Also, we do not hesitate to share our home-made tools to help others by creating and developing open source projects like .
All of this is to support 40+ production deployments a day for 100+ microservices.
What will you get from us?
- Opportunity to be engaged in one of the biggest projects we’ve ever worked on, learning how to leverage divide & conquer for planning & delivering the work to achieve the goal
- Working with a team of five experienced operations engineers
- Working in a very flat communication structure allowing you to make autonomous decisions and propose high-level architectural changes from day one
- Work with very diverse technologies set
- Remote set-up or mixing the remote and in-office,
- Flexible schedule that will allow you to finish your studies and work part-time.
What will be required from you?
- Good understanding of Linux internals, Networking and HTTP protocol
- Passion to high-availability and low-maintenance platforms
- Not stranger to Docker, Nginx and Kubernetes platform
- Being familiar with at least one programming language is a plus
- Distributed systems knowledge is a plus
- Excellent English skills
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of relational database design, experience with MySQL
- Distributed systems knowledge
What we offer
- Team of passionate people who love what they do.
- Interesting projects, ability to implement your own ideas and improvements.
- Opportunity to learn and grow.
...and everything you need to be effective and maintain work-life balance:
- Flexible working hours
- Professional development funds
- Comfortable office, daily catered breakfasts, and lunches (once we’re back in the office) or reimbursement of the equipment of your choice for home-office setup
- Premium Medical Insurance (incl. dental care & physiotherapy) as well as Private Life Insurance.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 150,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.