Bitly is used by hundreds of thousands of businesses around the world to build stronger connections with their customers across every digital channel. Bitly provides powerful technology to customize, manage, publish, and track links through an easy-to-use, self-service platform backed by scaled, reliable, and secure infrastructure. Bitly's extensible Link Management Platform provides customers with the building blocks to power digital experiences, applications and workflows, and understand customer behavior in unique, valuable ways. Businesses of all sizes use Bitly in a broad variety of use cases.
Every month, ~200M links are created on our platform, and our links receive over 20B clicks. At Bitly we believe every link should be a Bitly link. Our mission is to educate the world on how links can drive business results.
You will scale Bitly’s core systems by building the high-throughput and low-latency services that underpin our product. You will focus on system performance and availability as you become a crucial contributor to Bitly’s next architectural evolution.
What You'll Do:
- Design, build and maintain the core systems we need to support 10x the volume of requests on our platform
- Work within our service-oriented architecture to simplify and scale existing distributed-systems
- Improve the way services are designed across our engineering team
- Support our 24x7 reliability and availability guarantees by being on-call for the services you build and own
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Significant experience building services in Golang, Python, C++, or Java
- Understanding of concurrency and system design best practices
- Experience building highly available services on top of HBase, Cassandra, or Cloud Bigtable
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with multi-region system architectures
In keeping with our beliefs and values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Bitly also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, discrimination has no place at Bitly
Apply for this job