Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital worlds with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect.
Position Overview:As ADI expands into new product and market segments, the E-mobility group (EMG) is looking for a highly skilled Software Development Engineer based in Edinburgh, UK who will be responsible for developing tools used to test and deploy very complex embedded wireless systems.
Context on the role:As a Software Development Engineer, you will perform a full range of product development activities including, but not limited to:
- Working with the embedded engineering and architecture teams to specify tool requirements.
- Designing and testing tools.
- Using the tools to develop, test and deploy wireless systems.
- Working with customer facing teams.
- SW requirements gathering and analysis.
- Architect, implementation of SW.
- Design and/or integration of SW into larger systems.
- Testing using formal methods.
- Evaluate and troubleshooting complex problems in the system.
- Computer Science or equivalent graduate with 1-2 years of relevant experience and with a very strong background in software programming.
- Motivated, results oriented and creative problem solver with good writing, presentation and overall communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn something new quickly.
- Comfortable taking calculated risks.
- Innately curious with a desire to understand the business model, operations, financial structure for the organization.
- Has a bias for action and works in collaboration with others to deliver results.
- High tolerance for ambiguity.
Advantageous skills:Having some of these skills will be an advantage.
- C programming.
- C++ or other OOP language.
- Java programming.
- Embedded systems.
- Wireless systems.
- Node, React, NPM and Electron.
- Typescript programming.
Why you will like working at ADI:
- We place great value on individual judgment.
- We allow our employees the freedom to explore new ideas and the autonomy to determine how to best achieve business goals and objectives.
- We emphasize professional development and mentoring.
- Above all, we recognize that the personal goals of our employees and the company’s goals are closely related and must support each other.
For positions requiring access to technical data, Analog Devices, Inc. may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Department of Commerce - Bureau of Industry and Security and/or the U.S. Department of State - Directorate of Defense Trade Controls. As such, applicants for this position – except US Citizens, US Permanent Residents, and protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) – may have to go through an export licensing review process.
Analog Devices, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time