Job ID: JR0168090
Job Category: Manufacturing
Primary Location: Phoenix, AZ US
Job Type: Tech Grad
Manufacturing Technician - Day ShiftJob Description
Manufacturing Technicians in Assembly and Test Technology Development (ATTD) will be responsible for, but are not limited to:
- Perform functions associated with all wafer production including operations, equipment, process and training.
- Work is somewhat complex and is performed within the spectrum ranging from narrowly defined parameters and limited judgment up to highly complex and nonstandard assignments in nature and broadly defined parameters.
- Preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, spares, and sustaining.
- Collect and evaluate operating data to conduct online equipment adjustment and ensure process optimization.
- Running lots in a qualitative way.
- Setting up equipment and process to run tool monitors and production.
- Improvement processes, troubleshooting nonstandard events in the production line, and reviewing technological health and stability.
- Process specifications and be able to use factory systems to make decisions on production operations.
- Prepare and deliver pass down to the next shift in current factory systems.
- Support engineering development activity during tool time.
- Continuous improvement with regards to safety quality and lean principles.
- Be familiar with the training and certification process and drive to maximum certification in the required time line.
- May participate in safety forums and Emergency Response Team as required.
- May be responsible for the buddy, trainer, and certifier levels and is in charge of updating training manuals.
Additionally, in this role:
- Judgment and initiative are required in resolving complex nonstandard problems and developing recommendations.
Candidates must be willing to:
- Regularly lift to 25 lbs.
- Wear closed toe shoes for the duration of shift.
- Walk 3-5 miles and stand or sit for up to 9 hours within a shift.
- Push carts for a distance of at least 500 m.
- Climb and perform work on ladders or at heights.
- Spend the majority of work time (more than 90% less break time) in a clean room environment working on tool sets, processing wafers, and standing or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Work in a clean room environment wearing a bunny suit, hood, booties, safety glasses and gloves for the duration of shift (There may be additional safety Personal ProtectiveEquipment (PPE) required (masks, face shields, etc.).
- Work on a night or day shift compressed work week schedule. Shifts are twelve hours long and rotate from three to four days a week.
A successful candidate should also exhibitthe following behavioral traits:
- Work well in a diverse team environment.
- Work with minimal supervision and adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Produce quality results in a timely manner.
- Discipline and an ability to self-motivate.
- Analytical problem solving, testing skills and communication skills.
- Effective use of constructive confrontation to address issues.
This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position.
Preferred qualifications are in addition to the requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Experience listed below would be obtained through schoolwork and/or classes and/or project work and/or internships and/or military training and/or work experience.
- Possess an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree or bachelor's degree (any kind) or Mechanical or Technical Certification or related manufacturing experience of 6+ months or equivalent military training.
Preferred Qualifications6+ months of experience with:
- End user computer skills and navigation including use of Microsoft Office applications
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.