This is AdyenWe took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum.
Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Developer AdvocateWe are at the forefront of payment technology powering the payment processing of the world's largest companies. We build products for all sizes of companies located anywhere in the world.
We are looking for a passionate coder, writer, and communicator to help drive our developer experience at Adyen. We expect you to be closely working with our developer communities, providing them with the tools and examples needed to build integrations with Adyen, while also bringing their feedto our product and engineering teams.
You will be part of our development team, based in Amsterdam. Here, you will get familiar with and work on the payment industry's most advanced and robust platform.
What you’ll do
- Champion Adyen by engaging both online and in-person through popular developer sites and communities, as well as hosting and participation in community events
- Build example integrations, code examples, and libraries in multiple languages to help developers use and understand Adyen's products and features
- Contribute to our technical documentation and tech blog
- Be the voice of the developer, gathering feedback and sharing it with internal stakeholders
- Work with a global team, including international travel to visit our different offices or participate and run events
Who you are
- You are comfortable with full-stack development and know one or more of the following languages or runtimes:
- Java, Python, Node.js, Go, PHP, Ruby, .NET, Swift, ObjC
- Familiar with GitHub and version control systems
- Experience with technical writing and/or blogging on development topics
- Passionate about new technologies and have a basic understanding or conversational knowledge of the following topics:
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL/NoSQL
- API Design principles: REST, RPC, AsyncAPI, security, idempotency
- Cloud or distributed computing: AWS/Azure/GCP, streaming, replication
- Unix systems
- Encryption standards
- Experience working with both development and product teams.
- These are not required but would be a plus:
- Background in event production, including hosting, organizing and participating in developer community events
- Knowledge in payments or fintech
- Contribute to opensource projects
Who we areAdyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. We are the only provider of a modern end-to-end payments infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves 9 of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
We offer a competitive salary, internal knowledge-sharing events, a global exchange program to other offices, relocation support, and great career opportunities. Become part of an international work environment, and take your career to the next level!