Job ID: JR0169036
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: Folsom, CA US
Other Locations: US, California, Santa Clara;US, Oregon, Hillsboro;US, Washington, Multiple Cities;Virtual US and Canada
Job Type: Experienced Hire
Media Analytics ArchitectJob Description
Are you passionate about computer graphics and disrupting the industry with your innovation? Working with leading engineers on Intel's latest GPU/CPU architecture? Do you love collaborating with diverse teams to help achieve best-In-class visual experiences that enable users to immerse themselves in a new visual future? If so, then our graphics architecture team has opportunities for you. We deliver Intel's 3D graphics, media, display, and parallel computing technology. The Graphics Media Architecture Team is responsible for the architecture definition of current and future integrated graphics engines of client and server platforms, serving consumer and corporate businesses. In this position, you will be responsible for research, modeling, prototyping, hardware architecture and/or microarchitecture definition, or software architecture definition, of video technologies including video codec and video processing.
Your responsibilities may include, but not be limited to:
- Performing algorithm development, model implementation and architecture definition of various video codecs such as VVC, AV1, HEVC, VP9/VP8, AVC, MVC and so on.
- Algorithm implementation of advanced pixel processing and machine (deep) learning technologies to address the topics of visual quality improvement of media processing, video coding efficiency, picture re-targeting and video analytics.
- Developing video processing techniques such as high-dynamic-range, wide color gamut, high frame rate video processing and coding, as well as more general video processing techniques such as adaptive algorithms for super-resolution, deinterlacing, high quality scaling, frame rate conversion, color enhancement, sharpness, noise reduction and others.
- Making tradeoffs between quality, performance and cost, between fixed-function and programmable implementations.
- Interacting with silicon design team, software kernel and/or driver development team, and validation team in deploying such new techniques
- Conducting or participating in multidisciplinary research in the design, development, testing and utilization of information processing hardware, and/or electrical components, mechanisms, materials, and/or circuitry, processes, packaging, and cabinetry for central processing units (CPU''s) and/or peripheral equipment.
- Preparing specifications, evaluating vendors, and analyzing test reports, responding to customer and/or client requests or events as they occur.
Minimum skills and qualifications that will get you noticed:
You must have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with 7+ years of Industry experience. Or Master's degree in the same fields with 4 + years of Industry experience. Or PhD in the same field with 2+ years of experience.
Your experience must be in the following:
- Video codec algorithm development and design implementation in hardware and/or software
- Hands-on experience in video compression, specifically on the VVC video standard, or other codecs such as AV1, HEVC, VP9/VP8, AVC, MVC, etc.
- C/C++ and Python is a plus
Preferred skills and experience that will make you stand out:
- Direct experience with video algorithm research, development and prototyping
- Familiarity with visual quality test methodology and experience with tools such as VQM and VMAF
- Experience in advanced video processing, computer vision algorithms or CNN deep learning on image sensors, (wide-angle) optical lens, or video streaming
- Familiarity with parallel computing such as thread parallelism (function and/or data partitioning) or data parallelism (SIMD and/or MIMD) for video and/or media processing could be an added advantage.
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level—not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.
US, California, Santa Clara;US, Oregon, Hillsboro;US, Washington, Multiple Cities;Virtual US and Canada
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Colorado:
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here