Job ID: JR0167488
Job Category: Intern/Student
Primary Location: Phoenix, AZ US
Other Locations: US, California, Folsom;Virtual US and Canada
Job Type: Intern
Graduate Intern Technical - Mask DesignJob Description
Join the Intel IPG Physical Design team as a Graduate Intern! Our team delivers custom layout for various mixed signal IP technologies which are used by many products across Intel's spectrum of products, including client CPUs, Server CPUs and other products. Our global physical design team focuses on sensitive analog components of memory, high speed IO, PLLs. As an intern, you will assist the team with various automation and support activities and learn more about the design tools, design environment, and the IP technologies that we deliver.
Responsibilities may be quite diverse of a nonexempt technical nature. U.S. experience and education requirements will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the job. Job assignments are usually for the summer or for short periods during breaks from school.
The responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Design and development of software and scripts using TCL Perl Python and/or other script languages to assist guide and track the teams design execution
- Development and integration of CAD systems for the physical design team under our Linux design environment
- Scheduling assignments independently into the right intermediate milestones according to multiple parameters and assumptions given project constraints
- Solving complex design process problems
In addition to the qualifications listed below, the ideal candidate will also have:
- Strong engineering problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to work well in a team environment
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your schoolwork/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
The candidate must be pursuing a Master's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or other engineering applied sciences degree.
3+ months of experience in:
- Willingness to architect design and test software solutions that utilize and interface with multiple languages
- Experience with a few programming languages Preference for TCL Perl and Python
- Solid understanding of basic electronic circuit functionality and behaviors passive and active circuit structures
- Good working knowledge of Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor CMOS and Very Large Scale Integration VLSI component design principles
IP Engineering Group's (IPG) vision Build IPs that power Intel's leadership products and power our customer's silicon. We want to attract & retain talent who get joy in building high quality IP and share our core belief that IP is fundamental to transforming Intel's silicon design process. IPG's guiding principles will be ensuring Quality (Zero Bugs), Customer Obsession (Delight our Customers) and structured Problem Solving. We are a fearless organization transforming IP development.
US, California, Folsom;Virtual US and Canada
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Colorado:
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here