Job ID: JR0172860
Job Category: Engineering Support
Primary Location: Santa Clara, CA US
Other Locations: US, Arizona, Phoenix;US, Oregon, Hillsboro;Virtual US and Canada
Job Type: Experienced Hire
Cloud Data ScientistJob Description
Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Platforms Group (DPG) as a Cloud Data Scientist!
Our Cloud and Enterprise Solutions Group (CESG) Hyperscaler Software Team is looking for innovative self-starters to join our growing team. CESG is part of the global DPG organization that develops the products and technologies that power servers sold worldwide. This includes high-end co-processors for supercomputers, low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, and solutions for big data and intelligent devices.
We are seeking a data scientist who has experience with machine learning algorithm and software development. You will apply knowledge of statistics and data modeling to design develop and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data. The ideal candidate will have strong development and deployment experience. The position requires a fast learner to develop cutting edge solutions and communicate efficiently with team members and organization partners. In this role, you will work as part of a team to build solutions for data center environments and bring cutting edge cloud solutions and advances to our largest cloud service provider customers.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both technical and nontechnical
- Major team player, collaborator, role model and mentor.
- Passion to exceed expectations and constantly push the envelope.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience that will allow growth and expanded opportunities across Intel.
The Data Platforms Group drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power 9 of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math, Physics, Statistics, Data Science, or related field plus 4 years of industry work experience, or
- Master's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math, Physics, Statistics, Data Science, or related field plus 3 years of industry work experience, or
- PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math, Physics, Statistics, Data Science, or related field.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
2 or more years of experience with the follow:
- Database experience in MySQL, PostgresSQL, NoSQL or related.
- Programming experience with Python.
- Machine Learning and Deep learning experience.
- Algorithm development.
- Framework experience: TensorFlow, PyTorch, Jupyter Notebook.
- Linux development experience.
- Perform large scale experimentation and build data driven apps to translate data into intelligence.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's Degree or higher.
- Cloud development experience.
- Cloud database experience such as BigTable or Redshift.
- Documented contributions to the technology industry for Machine learning and deep learning, e.g. publication, whitepapers, patents, and code contributions.
- Experience consuming and utilizing new programming languages, design patterns, APIs, or tool sets.
- Virtualized and containerized environments in a large-scale environment.
- Development experience with Python Java C Rust and/or Golang.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, Arizona, Phoenix;US, Oregon, Hillsboro;Virtual US and Canada
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Colorado:
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here
USExperienced HireJR0172860Santa Clara