Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Every year, millions of people RSVP to an eclectic variety of Meetups around the world. Activity on Meetup is growing faster than ever and by studying it, we’re learning how to help members discover the groups and events that are right for them -- sparking new ways to make their worlds come alive than ever before. We are a collaborative and dedicated team seeking a Lead Machine Learning Engineer to join us in designing and building the future vision of Meetup.
What you’ll get to do:
- Lead a team of Data and Machine Learning engineers to improve Meetup’s recommendation, search and notification systems
- Design, build, and own every aspect of our low-latency personalization platform
- Lead projects with other engineering, product and design teams to create simple & meaningful data-driven experiences for our members and organizers (recommendations, search, NLP)
- Build on your leadership skills by mentoring other engineers
- Recruit and present on behalf of Meetup at technical conferences and Meetups
You're our ideal team member if you have:
- BS+ degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or related technical field
- 5+ years work/educational experience with search, recommendations, predictions, or NLP
- 2+ years in a Machine Learning, Data, or Software Engineering Tech Lead role or similar position
- Lead projects for a large codebase in Python, Scala, or Java
- Hands-on experience using machine learning frameworks to robustly build, validate, test, and monitor statistical models
- Experience Implementing Machine Learning algorithms in the cloud (AWS EMR, S3, ECS, EC2, Lambda, etc.) and horizontally-scalable, distributed environments (MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark)
- Experience with search technologies such as Elasticsearch, Sphinx, or Solr
- Knowledgeable in both relational and NoSQL (DynamoDB, Redis, MongoDB) databases and RESTful and GraphQL APIs
Meetup employees are bold, supportive, and passionate about enabling people coming together and creating the future of real community; a future where people embrace their differences and similarities, show up, do things, and turn to each other to improve their lives. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring and developing diverse, dynamic teams in a safe and inclusive environment. You in?