Job Description:Lead Healthcare Policy Analyst
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the WorldChoosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“One of the best parts of my job is feeling the impact of 93,000 3Mers collaborating around the world and seeing the difference they’re able to make in people’s lives.” – Julie Bushman, executive vice president of International Operations at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Lead Healthcare Policy Analyst, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Leading and influencing the design of health policy, quality and payment innovations with commercial and public payers. Promoting classification systems for advancing outcomes and efficiency and accelerating trends from FFS to value-based arrangements.
- Working directly with federal, state and private organizations on initiatives impacting how provider and patient data and payment is classified, paid and evaluated for quality and efficiency leveraging 3M HIS proprietary groupers.
- Promote regulatory, legislative, and payment policy changes.
- Perform and interpret review of healthcare literature and market trends related to payment, quality, episodic, inpatient and outpatient payment and classification systems.
- Collaborate with external experts and marketing to fully understand the healthcare patient classification and risk stratification market requirements and operationalization of them.
- Represent 3M HIS in the design and implementation of our payment, quality and episodic classification systems with payers, regulators, and providers.
- Create and present white papers, articles and commentaries on the health economic aspects of health payment and quality outcomes policy
- Be the subject matter expert on the market and classification/health policy design and implementation usage in Medicare, Medicaid, value-based care, risk bearing providers, and Commercial payers.
- Provide detailed financial analysis supporting the implementation of health care payment and quality reforms
- Provide support to our federal and state legislative educational efforts as well as supporting business units and external customers by identifying appropriate applications and use of our tools.
Your Skills and ExpertiseTo set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from(completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution OR High School Diploma/GED or higher(completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution institution and a minimum of fourteen (14) years of experience in the health industry focused on health economics, health policy and/or actuarial analysis in lieu of the Bachelor’s degree education requirement
- Ten (10) years of experience in health economics, health payer rates/network/med mgt, health policy and/or health services research.
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Master's degree or higher in field related to health economics and health policy analysis.
- Knowledge of inpatient, outpatient and population-based classification systems, healthcare payment policy and system design, claims data elements
- Experience of working with and/or within health systems, health plans, State Medicaid programs, Medicare program, Medicare Advantage, Commercial payers, value-based care arrangements, and/or Medicaid MCOs
- Previous experience designing and evaluating healthcare payment reform policy with a focus upon outcomes and efficiency
- Knowledge and understanding of CMS policies and procedures pertaining to the measurement of and payment adjustment for health care quality
- Background in health insurance, health insurance operations, claims processing, provider contracting and reimbursement
- Experience with Federal and State legislative process crafting of state plans/waivers rate setting
- Highly motivated person that can execute work independently to ensure the achievement of overall business unit objectives. Seen as a national expert on payment and quality outcomes policy and have been lead author on healthcare related peer reviewed journal articles
- Good presentation and writing skills on complex topics in a way that experts and non-experts will understand.
Location: RemoteTravel: 25% travel may be required
Relocation Assistance: May be authorizedMust be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for YouFor more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers. Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.Responsibilities of this position include that corporate policies, procedures and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties.Pay & Benefits Overview: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/careers-us/working-at-3m/benefits/3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.