Product Manager IIIWould you like to help millions of people plan their travel and create memories to last a lifetime? Come join our Multi-Product & Engagement team! Our team powers brand, retail, and cross-platform capabilities that build customer-centric and locally relevant travel experiences across all of Expedia Group consumer brands. We work to deeply understand the needs of our travelers and the business goals for our partners to find opportunities that bring value for both. This team works closely with other Expedia Group teams to coordinate delivery of our value propositions through every touch point in the customer journey, specifically focused on driving engaging native app capabilities.
You will be responsible for driving app growth and engagement, specifically owning features that leverage the power of the native app ecosystem to deliver a first class, premier app experience that unlocks value to the customer and to the brand!
What you'll do:
- You will plan, facilitate development, releases and measures product feature and/or products cross functionally. You will serve as the go-to person for partners including engineering, design, content, for questions, clarifications and direction.
- You will manage backlog for product area and balance new features, bugs and tech debt.
- You will use user perspective to inform product segmentation and prioritization decisions with limited manager guidance.
- You will identify potential trade-offs across segments taking into account a variety of factors (product design, marketing, operational considerations, etc.).
- You will partner with partners and manager to develop new ideas for research, testing and feedback loops to better understand and quantify customer blockers.
- You will define appropriate ranges for metrics and tells the story of the metric over time to understand when system is behaving normally. You will also proactively identify issues and take action to remediate.
- You will lead discovery across different partners to develop understanding of a shared problem, make suggestions for solutions and recommend which solutions will achieve the best customer or business outcome.
- You will make system changes leading to desired outcomes that are crafted to scale and ensures reporting (including feedback and/or data loops) is in place to gauge customer, business and system impacts.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's, Masters or PhD degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or a related Technical field; or Equivalent related professional experience.
- Holds an understanding of the fundamentals of these core Product Management skills e.g., Agile Practices, communication, data science principles, listening, scientific method, reverse engineering, discernment, influence and risk taking.
- Passionate about breathtakingly designed and highly functional end to end native app experiences.
- Creative, customer centric and experienced in design thinking principals
- Has a solid understanding of decision-making frameworks and can develop advanced frameworks to test hypotheses.
- Experienced in owning product areas and related product development lifecycle.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
About Expedia GroupExpedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50 Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.