Software Development Engineer III
The Conversation Platform Technology team is dedicated to driving technology innovation to create effortless customer experiences worldwide in Expedia apps, web sites, support channels, and contact centers. We support over 15 thousand agents and over 100 million customer interactions a year – with a global brand portfolio and workforce. Would you like to work with a creative, highly collaborative, and nurturing engineering team building an intelligent, scalable, and personalized travel assistance platform? Are you interested in working with Natural Language Processing (NLP), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) along with the latest and greatest backend engineering stacks?
Our goal is to build the best conversational technology platform in the industry. A platform that can meet customers on any channel (social, SMS, web, or voice), to understand and anticipate their needs and deliver unparalleled service. We are using cutting edge AI and ML technologies to build this platform. Our conversation platform is to conversations what AWS is to compute and storage, a one stop shop to build conversational intelligence and virtual agent solutions for the entire company and beyond.
What you’ll do:
- As a software engineer with an interest in machine learning (ML) you will build data products and services that improve our customer experiences. You will implement various components of the conversation technology platform, work closely with the Product and Engineering teams on designing and implementing systems, workflows, and models that address business and product needs
- Ship ML based services built using Java/Kotlin/Python and deep natural language understanding to support building of smart virtual agents
- Work with technologies such as Java, Kotlin, Python, AWS, Kafka, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, S3, Lambda, Docker, Spring Framework, Dropwizard, DataDog, Looker and various ML tools and libraries
- Your work will enable groups across the company to build outstanding virtual agent experiences across Expedia Group brands and our partners worldwide that address traveler needs without needing human intervention
Who you are:
- BS or preferably an MS in Computer Science, preferably with a concentration in machine learning, or equivalent related professional experience
- 3+ years of professional, post-college, software development experience with Java, C++, Python, Scala, or other equivalent languages
- Solid foundation in algorithms and data structures
- Some experience with ML frameworks and tools such as scikit-learn, PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Comfortable with cloud computing platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and have worked in a CI/CD environment
- Have experience working in an agile software development environment
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills
- A problem solver who gets things done and an excellent coder with deep understanding of algorithms, data structures, distributed applications, and data modeling
About Expedia GroupExpedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50 Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.