Software Development Engineer IIExpedia Group Media Solutions is dedicated to building creative media partnerships for travel advertisers enabling them to use Expedia's network of leading travel brands and global sites. We have revolutionized the way brands reach and connect with online travel consumers, emerging as a leader in online advertising among travel and e-commerce brands. With a growing product portfolio offering a multitude of advertising and sponsorship opportunities, our Media Solutions team at Expedia has created a viable marketing platform for advertising partners to reach the 144+ million worldwide monthly unique visitors that visit Expedia Group sites.
The advertising team at Expedia is looking for engineers to build new platforms that flawlessly serve our content to millions of users. We value rigor and creativity in our development process and believe in the power of a motivated & empowered development team. There is so much we want to do and we need strong engineers who can navigate distributed systems, solve challenging problems, and jump into new projects. Your work will touch systems at scale that reach people all around the world while having a significant impact on our business. We connect travelers with meaningful destinations. Expedia Group has revolutionized the travel industry by applying technology and we are committed to enabling travelers through continued innovation.
We are focused on building relevant experiences and our products aren't just about monetization, they align with our passion for travel. We help customize the shopping experience for each user and bring them closer to their next big adventure.
What you'll do:
- Develop, debug, and modify components of software applications and tools
- You will write automated unit, integration, and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines
- Support and troubleshoot data and/or system issues as needed
- Provide improvements to solutions for a given problem
- You will resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur with help from peers or managers. Follow through on details and drive issues to closure
- You define, develop, and maintain artifacts like technical design or stakeholder documentation
- You actively participate in code and design reviews
- Participate in user story creation in partnership with the team(s)
Who you are:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science or a related major or equivalent related professional experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience using code versioning tools, for example Git or others
- Demonstrated commitment to technical excellence
- You have experience with Agile development methodology
- Exposure to web infrastructure, architectural patterns, and scalable production quality systems
- 1-3+ years of experience in Software Engineering
About Expedia GroupExpedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50 Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.